• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Chris Matthews Retires From MSNBC

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/internet-reacts-to-chris-matthews-surprise-on-air-resignation/

On Monday, MSNBC “Hardball” host Chris Matthews stunned viewers by announcing his retirement on-air — a move that follows a series of controversies and follows a GQ exposé about his treatment of women, and that reporter Laura Bassett speculates may not have been his choice.
Commenters on social media promptly reacted to the news, many of them registering relief that the MSNBC host was no more, and speculating on who might be brought in to fill his coveted time slot. Some thanked Bassett for coming forward with her allegations against him.

No more Tweety? I never much cared for Tweety. He interrupts his guests far too much in a rude way. This will leave a big hole in the line up, and i hope they find somebody worth listening to to fill that slot.

I was reading last night about the fall of France in the summer of 1940 and he said "It's over"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That was fast, and yet long overdue. Not a fan, but will sort of miss him. I won't say this gives me a thrill going up my leg.

I hope it's not Kornacki taking over. Maybe promote Ari Melber.

If they want a centrist, give Josh Barro a shot.

Face pancake makeup industry will be going into recession then.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/internet-reacts-to-chris-matthews-surprise-on-air-resignation/

On Monday, MSNBC “Hardball” host Chris Matthews stunned viewers by announcing his retirement on-air — a move that follows a series of controversies and follows a GQ exposé about his treatment of women, and that reporter Laura Bassett speculates may not have been his choice.
Commenters on social media promptly reacted to the news, many of them registering relief that the MSNBC host was no more, and speculating on who might be brought in to fill his coveted time slot. Some thanked Bassett for coming forward with her allegations against him.

No more Tweety? I never much cared for Tweety. He interrupts his guests far too much in a rude way. This will leave a big hole in the line up, and i hope they find somebody worth listening to to fill that slot.

The fact that you find a need to fill a slot on cable news is not a good thing.

Have you considered cutting the cable? I mean shit, I didn't even know who this asshole was except through secondary exposure and I can't help but think I'm better off for that.

You all know what's long overdue? Cutting the cord from the 24 hour cable news cycle.

He is merely a symptom of a disease. You really think they won't replace a Limbaugh with another Limbaugh, a Hannity with a Hannity... Or a Wallace with a Wallace?

Cancel culture ruins another man's life.

Tired of all the snowflakes in the world.

Like Adam Corolla said, "You can look through the past of anybody in the world and find out they said something stupid. Nobody would ever be able to have a job if we canceled everyone like this."

Like Adam Corolla said, "You can look through the past of anybody in the world and find out they said something stupid. Nobody would ever be able to have a job if we canceled everyone like this."

Wow. You get triggered easily. Maybe surf the internet from inside your safe space.

Remember the olden days when senior white guys could create sexxy workplace environments? Now they have to deal with accountability, like their time spent on the job is supposed to be making money for the company instead of personal horny time. Not fair.

Remember the olden days when senior white guys could create sexxy workplace environments? Now they have to deal with accountability, like their time spent on the job is supposed to be making money for the company instead of personal horny time. Not fair.
And how 'mistreating women' was only viewed as 'something he said that one time, long ago.'
The nation's going to hell.

Wow. You get triggered easily. Maybe surf the internet from inside your safe space.

The triggered ones are the ones who comb through people's pasts looking for a reason to cancel them. It's why stand-up comedy is dying. Make a joke, the snowflakes come out screaming and whining until you're cancelled.

That's why you could never make a movie like Blazing Saddles today. Or be an edgy comedian. You're cancelled before you know it.

The only people it's OK to joke about with no consequences are Christians, whites, and conservatives. Richard Pryor used to get onstage going, "White people always do this," and "white people always do that" and his black audience would roar with laughter. No white comedian can get away with saying, "blacks always do this" or "blacks always do that." It's seen as racist and offensive.

The triggered ones are the ones who comb through people's pasts looking for a reason to cancel them. It's why stand-up comedy is dying. Make a joke, the snowflakes come out screaming and whining until you're cancelled.

That's why you could never make a movie like Blazing Saddles today. Or be an edgy comedian. You're cancelled before you know it.

The only people it's OK to joke about with no consequences are Christians, whites, and conservatives.

And yet people still see Blazing Saddles as an amazing piece of comedic literature. It's almost like you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

And white people laughed at Richard Pryor. Wonder why that was?

Self-hating, Keith.
You do know there was Jews who sold out other Jews in the Holocaust, right?

There are gay people who hate gay people.

There are black people who hate black people.

There are white people who hate white people.

There are Jews who hate Jews.

The only people it's OK to joke about with no consequences are Christians, whites, and conservatives.

And yet people still see Blazing Saddles as an amazing piece of comedic literature. It's almost like you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Yes, but you could never make it today.

There are edgy comedians around today like Dave Chappelle who can get away with it because they built up a fanbase over the years. But, if you're just starting out as a comedian, and you try to do one of Chappelle's routines, you're cancelled in a heartbeat.

When conservatives hear an opinion they don't like, they laugh at the person. They may even ridicule them and call them an idiot. But, they never call for them to be fired. When leftists hear an opinion they don't like, they demand the person be fired. That is the difference between us. We may disagree with the person, but this doesn't mean we want them fired and gone forever. People have free speech.

And white people laughed at Richard Pryor. Wonder why that was?

Self-hating, Keith.
And you can prove this? I laughed at Pryor. I don't believe it was because i thought, "Yeah! Stick it to those whiteys! Fuck the man!"
But, you know, i have a sense of humor. You've never displayed that quality.
You do know there was Jews who sold out other Jews in the Holocaust, right?
And this means laughing at Pryor's jokes about white traits is self-hating because....?
There are gay people who hate gay people.
Which still doesn't prove that the only reason to laugh at a joke was hating the subject.
There are black people who hate black people.
Chris Rock has a fascinating piece on why black people are more racist than whites because they hate niggers, too.
That doesn't change the fact that i was NOT self-hating when i laughed at Pryor's humor.
It just seems to be logic to you, because you really suck at logic.
There are white people who hate people.
Misanthropists? What does that have to do with anything?
There are Jews who hate Jews.
Yeah, just keep repeating this mantra. Some day, some way, it may come back around to, i dunno, a proof? Evidence that a proof exists?

Chris Rock has a fascinating piece on why black people are more racist than whites because they hate niggers, too.

Yes, Chappelle said that before his special he was told he can't use the word "faggot." He asked, "Why can I say "nigger" but I can't say faggot?" The produce said, "Because you're not gay, Dave!" Dave said, "OK that's fair, but I'm not a nigger either."

See? the prouducer was actually being racist to Dave there without even realizing it!

Yes, Chappelle said that before his special he was told he can't use the word "faggot." He asked, "Why can I say "nigger" but I can't say faggot?" The produce said, "Because you're not gay, Dave!" Dave said, "OK that's fair, but I'm not a nigger either."

See? the prouducer was actually being racist to Dave there without even realizing it!

And just maybe you just don't understand anything about why certain things aren't appropriate to say in certain contexts.

Of course, neither did the producer.

Really, the appropriate answer is "because you can use the n-word without it being construed contextually as a reduction of all black people. Someone who is not black produces ambiguity in their use as to whether they are using it as a slur against all black people or some specific human who is, individually, a black piece of shit. Similarly, you can't say F----- because it is ambiguous for someone who is not gay; you, using it as a straight person, stereotype gay people in it's usage, ambiguously besmirching gayness in general instead of some specific person."

It's the same thing I pointed out elsewhere as pertains to a joke: if there is ambiguity as to whether you feel some expressed sentiment, then you have an obligation to not express the statement in that context of potential ambiguity. If someone MAY construe you as a racist for saying something based on the context, your statement is either foolish or racist. Similarly, for statements such as "faggot" or any other slur.

cool story.
But what does tgat have to do eith your claim he'd be cancelled?
He and his producer seem to have worked out the isdue together.
You were talking about one joke = canceled.
Where is any support for thst?
And you seem to have abandoned the self-hating claim?

Is this really all we have to do on a topic, question you? Then you move on or abandon the thread?

Oh, aldo, how did you learn about the problem with 'faggot?' Seems like Chappelle would have had to USE the f-word to talk about how they wouldn't let him use the f-word, no?

The produce said, "Because you're not gay, Dave!"

d38qxqm-d295c411-bbff-4e43-a00d-b03dacdefaae.png

When conservatives hear an opinion they don't like, they laugh at the person. They may even ridicule them and call them an idiot. But, they never call for them to be fired. When leftists hear an opinion they don't like, they demand the person be fired. That is the difference between us. We may disagree with the person, but this doesn't mean we want them fired and gone forever. People have free speech.
I didn’t realize Rush Limbaugh snd Donald Trump were leftists.

Back
Top Bottom