• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Christian Author Who Says Atheists “Accidentally Prove God Exists” Is All Wrong

I'm not worried about morality and information being difficult to explain to Christians. Hell, they can't even recognize death is real and it's not a sacrifice if nothing is loss..and those are pretty simple constructs.

I'm not worried about morality and information being difficult to explain to Christians. Hell, they can't even recognize death is real and it's not a sacrifice if nothing is loss..and those are pretty simple constructs.
The christian idea of sacrifice is no different than Lets make a deal, give up something puny now for something far more valuable later. How is that a sacrifice if you get a big payola in the end?

But I think to a christian it makes sense because it's never been examined for its moral or ethical worth. It's just selfish.

The christian idea of sacrifice is no different than Lets make a deal, give up something puny now for something far more valuable later. How is that a sacrifice if you get a big payola in the end?
Because the sacrifices the Christains make in this world are paid back in the next. They give up money they could use for themselves, for example, to whichever appeal the Bishop is making this year. And they don't even get a post-dated check in return.
If it turns out they are not rewarded in the afterlife, they're just out whatever they gave.

The non-sacrifice OLDMAN refers to is the refrain that God sacrificed His only son for our sakes... but He still has His son. Sure, it was a bummer weekend, but it's not like Jesus took all our sins and is being tormented in Hell for the sins...

http://www.debunking-christianity.com/search?q=turek

John Loftus' Blog has done an extensive multipart critique of Turek's book. It is pre-suppositionalist dreck.

I don't understand how math can exist without magic, therefore magic is the only possible explanation for magic, therefore the existence of mathematics proves that spell-casting pixies are real!

god-exists-becauseidont-understand-things-http-kevinkarstens-blogspot-com-hahaha-27087158.png

Back
Top Bottom