• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Civilization Manifesto for Intellectuals of the Planet

Do you agree with replacing presidents, judges, prosecutors and taxman with artificial intelligence?

• Yes.

• No.

• Special opinion.

Results are only viewable after voting.
By all the normal rules of primate allometry, humans should have an 18-month gestation period.

I don’t think I have heard any discussion of allometry since I left CARM. Creationists love it. It is a magic word that can, when wielded by a skilled Creo, negate any single morphological manifestation of evolution.

I don’t think I have heard any discussion of allometry since I left CARM. Creationists love it. It is a magic word that can, when wielded by a skilled Creo, negate any single morphological manifestation of evolution.
Hadn't heard that. Kind of ironic, since allometry is a "correlation of growth"; Darwin included those in OoS as part of the evidence for evolution he was laying out.

Why are we being surveyed?

What impact would IIDB members' answers have on society? Or even a survey among other humans?

As noted in the thread, AIs mimic human behavior. So, next, expect to see ChatGPT promoting gold high tops and how we rigged the results to this survey.

Shouldn't someone be surveying them?

OR maybe this thread was written by an AI. How would we know?

Why are we being surveyed?

What impact would IIDB members' answers have on society? Or even a survey among other humans?

As noted in the thread, AIs mimic human behavior. So, next, expect to see ChatGPT promoting gold high tops and how we rigged the results to this survey.

Shouldn't someone be surveying them?

OR maybe this thread was written by an AI. How would we know?
It isn't uncommon for hobby horsers to come strolling in, selling their brand horse related hobbies.

The funny thing is cars can't drive on their own... yet people are asking whether they should lead the world. We aren't remotely close to function high-order AI. We only have really really smart search engines now.

Present-day AI won't cut it. Large language models (LLM's) are trained on large corpora of text that were obtained online. That makes a model dependent on what was in its training corpus.

LLM's don't do reasoning very well -- they can do reasoning that was done in their training corpora, but not much else. That's easy to see in arithmetic, for instance.

Back
Top Bottom