• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

CNN admits the sides are different

More like broke it. Got evidence for your position?

Are you seriously claiming there's not a hell of a lot of westerners (Americans especially) who automatically side with Israel? You, of all people?

Or were you talking about the censorship? Why do you think Reporters without Borders rates Israel at an abysmal 112th place for Press Freedom? Oh they actually tell us: because the Israeli military was specifically targeting journalists in the Palestinian territories; so I guess while Hamas threatens them, Israel... does the exact same thing? It's a far cry from dicatorships sure, and there exist quite a bit of media freedom in Israel... except when it comes to the Palestinian issue, it seems.

The issue was censorship of the press.

A reporter in Gaza doesn't tell the truth because that would be dangerous. A reporter in Israel has under no such compulsion.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course Israel is justified in slaughtering hundreds of civilians

1. Because rockiets
  2. Because tunnels
  3. Because they kidnapped a couple of people
  4. Because they are Palstinians, and all Palestinians are terrorists, therefore there are no civilians.

I think the main reason is that Hamas has a power to end the rockets (as evidenced by the almost-three-day ceasefire), and Israel has demonstrated that it will return quiet for quiet. Sure the occupation in West Bank and the blockade of Gaza would stay in place, but the "slaughtering of hundreds of civilians" is entirely a result of Hamas's choice to continue the fight, and that could end tomorrow by simple act of Hamas ceasing fire and pursuing their goals by other means.

It's not about who did what, but what could each side do to end the conflict. Sure Israel could stop retaliating, but then what?

Exactly. Hamas has the power to stop it. Israel doesn't despite all the leftist fantasies about the 67 borders.

Are you seriously claiming there's not a hell of a lot of westerners (Americans especially) who automatically side with Israel? You, of all people?

Or were you talking about the censorship? Why do you think Reporters without Borders rates Israel at an abysmal 112th place for Press Freedom? Oh they actually tell us: because the Israeli military was specifically targeting journalists in the Palestinian territories; so I guess while Hamas threatens them, Israel... does the exact same thing? It's a far cry from dicatorships sure, and there exist quite a bit of media freedom in Israel... except when it comes to the Palestinian issue, it seems.

A reporter in Gaza doesn't tell the truth because that would be dangerous. A reporter in Israel has under no such compulsion.
Neither do the foreign reporters once they leave Gaza. Besides the reporters themselves don't agree with your contention. They say that they hardly saw any Hamas members while in Gaza.

It was CNN admitting that Hamas wants genocide while Israel wants peace and criticizing the world press for treating their demands as equally valid.

Since the video is no longer available. Most Israelis want peace and most Palestinians. Even Hamas wants a truce which is better than conflict.
To resolve a conflict you don't always have a choice who you want to talk to. The British eventually negotiated peace with Sien Fenn. In fact Sinn Fein's main enemy, Paisely's Democratic union Party share power with its former foe.
Israel just as it learnt that it must meet the PLO, it must learn that one day it will need to meet Hamas.

Neither do the foreign reporters once they leave Gaza. Besides the reporters themselves don't agree with your contention. They say that they hardly saw any Hamas members while in Gaza.

Even if they leave they expect to go back later.

Look at what that Indian guy was saying.

- - - Updated - - -

It was CNN admitting that Hamas wants genocide while Israel wants peace and criticizing the world press for treating their demands as equally valid.

Since the video is no longer available. Most Israelis want peace and most Palestinians. Even Hamas wants a truce which is better than conflict.
To resolve a conflict you don't always have a choice who you want to talk to. The British eventually negotiated peace with Sien Fenn. In fact Sinn Fein's main enemy, Paisely's Democratic union Party share power with its former foe.
Israel just as it learnt that it must meet the PLO, it must learn that one day it will need to meet Hamas.

Most Palestinians want to continue the conflict even if they get a peace treaty.

Even if they leave they expect to go back later.

Look at what that Indian guy was saying.
Another example of Hamas intimidation attempts not working. Sure he had concerns at the time when he was in Gaza, but nothing stopped him from talking afterwards. I don't know if the Indian guy who filmed the rocket launching is going back to Gaza, but if he is, that just shows that he at least is not personally that concerned about Hamas reprisals and that just proves my point.

Did you just outright fail to see the part where I mentioned the Israeli military *specifically targeted* journalists? Those that of course do not follow the standard narrative. Journalists in Israel are absolutely under compulsion; if you print something the military doesn't like, expect to be arrested on flimsy charges of printing propaganda, have your equipment and files destroyed, and be detained for months on end. Or you know, just be shot at on purpose. The image you paint of Hamas being the only ones to threaten, censor, and act against journalists is an empty fantasy.

http://rsf.org/files/RAPPORT_PALESTINE_GB.pdf

http://en.rsf.org/palestine-violence-escalating-against-08-07-2014,46605.html

Did you just outright fail to see the part where I mentioned the Israeli military *specifically targeted* journalists? Those that of course do not follow the standard narrative. Journalists in Israel are absolutely under compulsion; if you print something the military doesn't like, expect to be arrested on flimsy charges of printing propaganda, have your equipment and files destroyed, and be detained for months on end. Or you know, just be shot at on purpose. The image you paint of Hamas being the only ones to threaten, censor, and act against journalists is an empty fantasy.

http://rsf.org/files/RAPPORT_PALESTINE_GB.pdf

http://en.rsf.org/palestine-violence-escalating-against-08-07-2014,46605.html

You realize a lot of Palestinian "reporters" are actually Hamas?

Everything in your list involves Palestinians, not foreign reporters.

You realize a lot of Palestinian "reporters" are actually Hamas?

You realize you're full of shit right? First of all; you just blurted that out without anything whatsoever to back it up. Second of all, even if it *were* true, so fucking what? How does that in any way justify what we´re talking about? I know that the Israeli´s have a habit of justifying their witchhunts of Palestinian journalists by claiming they have ties to Hamas, but they rarely if ever back it up with actual evidence. Maybe you want to actually read the report I linked you.

Actually, had you bothered to read the report, you´d find foreign reporters were targeted by sanctions as well. Not that it actually matters since who the fuck cares if it´s ´just´ fucking with Palestinian journalists or not. I realize your cognitive dissonance requires you to think of all Palestinian journalists as Hamas terrorists in disguise or something, but the rest of us are not so easily fooled into thinking that Israel is the good guy in the press freedom fight.

You realize you're full of shit right? First of all; you just blurted that out without anything whatsoever to back it up. Second of all, even if it *were* true, so fucking what? How does that in any way justify what we´re talking about? I know that the Israeli´s have a habit of justifying their witchhunts of Palestinian journalists by claiming they have ties to Hamas, but they rarely if ever back it up with actual evidence. Maybe you want to actually read the report I linked you.

Actually, had you bothered to read the report, you´d find foreign reporters were targeted by sanctions as well. Not that it actually matters since who the fuck cares if it´s ´just´ fucking with Palestinian journalists or not. I realize your cognitive dissonance requires you to think of all Palestinian journalists as Hamas terrorists in disguise or something, but the rest of us are not so easily fooled into thinking that Israel is the good guy in the press freedom fight.

I see nothing in that list that mentions a non-Palestinian reporter.

Then you must not have read it, as it mentions two Israeli journalists shot during the recent protests.

Tali Mayer, a photographer for the Activestills site and Walla News! was seriously wounded by a sponge-tipped bullet to the face. Her colleague, Oren Ziv, was hit in the arm.

Then you must not have read it, as it mentions two Israeli journalists shot during the recent protests.

Tali Mayer, a photographer for the Activestills site and Walla News! was seriously wounded by a sponge-tipped bullet to the face. Her colleague, Oren Ziv, was hit in the arm.

In other words, "reporters" with the Palestinians in a protest. They're usually not uninvolved observers but actively involved in directing the action.

And when you're part of a protest you take the risk of whatever force the state uses against the protest. A press badge doesn't grant you magical immunity.

In other words, "reporters" with the Palestinians in a protest. They're usually not uninvolved observers but actively involved in directing the action.

And when you're part of a protest you take the risk of whatever force the state uses against the protest. A press badge doesn't grant you magical immunity.

Great, blame the victim while simultaneously making wildly unsupported claims (actively involved in directing the action? What? You keep making assertions without backing them up even the slightest bit)

Back
Top Bottom