• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Covid-19 miscellany

“MODERNA VACCINE CONTAINS "LUCIFERIN" IN A 66.6 SOLUTION. YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP
You also can never quite teach people that the Number of the Beast is not any combination of three sixes. 66.6 is not the same as Six Hundred Sixty Six. So even if this IS a significant number in the solution, it's not a Biblically Significant number.
Reminds me of the idiot in Porky's talking about 'KITE flying weather.' You're too stupid to be this superstitious, siddown.
Actually, they can, and did, make this up.

Jeezus, these mask zealots take things way too seriously and blow things out of proportion.
By "mask zealots" are you referring to the people who think that wearing one is anti-freedom? The ones who also think that taking steps to stop the epidemic, like vaccination, is anti-democracy? Because that's who I think are the mask zealots. They're the people who make masking and such needed. If everyone who could get vaccinated did so we wouldn't need low tech ways to slow the spread of the C19 virus. It could be over by now! We'd have reached herd immunity and get the economy going again and open up social venues and all that.

But, no. There are mask and vaccine zealots who insist on keeping the mess we're all struggling with going. Because freedumb. Those are the irrational zealots, who are willing to keep America from Becoming Great Again, by preventing the economy and health care system and society from recovering.

Tom

A couple without masks film themselves going into a store. Very likely they were hoping for a confrontation so they could get some 'oppression cred'. The shop owner told them to get out, and the unmasked woman shoved the shop owner. Turned into a fight.

The couple showed the video to the police to press charges, and were surprised to find that they got arrested for assault.

Here's the full video that includes their interactions with the cops. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Sense of smell is returning back. I can smell alcohol again and other stuff smells stronger now, have not tried vinegar though.
7 days since first symptoms.

Good to hear. :)
About smell, I am not sure that was real. I mean not measurement error. Looks like it just fluctuates due to different probably external factors.
It looks like it's a mild to moderate case, and you're getting better.
I hope so, so far all parameters look normal and very stable, especially temperature exactly 36.8C for 2+ days.
My understanding is that respiratory problems develop from much more serious symptoms. All I have now is coughing and it does not get worse (or better)
Yeah, no fever is a very good sign afaik. The coughing might be annoying if persistent. Can you get something for that, until you fully recover ?

Yeah, no fever is a very good sign afaik. The coughing might be annoying if persistent. Can you get something for that, until you fully recover ?
Coughing is not bad, I could go for hours without it, then cough couple times and and that's it. Ocationaly it's more than couple of coughs.
It's much worse during ordinary common cold.

Coughing is not bad, I could go for hours without it, then cough couple times and and that's it. Ocationaly it's more than couple of coughs.
It's much worse during ordinary common cold.

I see, not so bad then.
It seems to me that overall it hasn't been worse than an ordinary case of the flu, and you're getting better. Good to hear. :)

This reminds me, painfully, of many conversations I've had.

Like when a Christian tells me:

"I don't believe in Darwinism. There just isn't enough evidence, maybe Darwin made it up. How could we tell?
But...
Jesus Rose from the Dead. That's obvious! It says so right in Scripture."
Tom

A couple without masks film themselves going into a store. Very likely they were hoping for a confrontation so they could get some 'oppression cred'. The shop owner told them to get out, and the unmasked woman shoved the shop owner. Turned into a fight.

The couple showed the video to the police to press charges, and were surprised to find that they got arrested for assault.

Here's the full video that includes their interactions with the cops. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Oh, anti-masker extremists...

Oh, anti-masker extremists...

Jeezus, these mask zealots take things way too seriously and blow things out of proportion.

😒
Tom

I am pleased to say that I have stayed well above this entire thing. I wear a mask where the signs say I ought to, and they make more sense to me than shoes, to be honest. I used to go into restaurants barefoot during the summertime, but then somebody pointed out that this was strictly not allowed in restaurants in my state. I had not known that, at the time, and it sounded genuinely zany to me. Yes, I have heard the defenses for this law, and the masks still actually make more sense to me. The argument on behalf of the shoes is that feet spread diseases, but so do shoes. I wash my feet every day while my shoes would literally fall apart if I washed them that often. Between the two rules, the mask wins for me. People say they don't like having their faces covered. Well, I don't like having my feet covered, but I'm not going to die on that hill.

It's a pandemic, and it's really not all that weird to me that people want to make new laws to protect themselves during a pandemic. All of the measures that we are taking, put together, do seem to be working.

Chiu N, Chi H, Tai Y, Peng C, Tseng C, Chen C, Tan B, Lin C
Impact of Wearing Masks, Hand Hygiene, and Social Distancing on Influenza, Enterovirus, and All-Cause Pneumonia During the Coronavirus Pandemic: Retrospective National Epidemiological Surveillance Study
J Med Internet Res 2020;22(8):e21257
URL: https://www.jmir.org/2020/8/e21257
DOI: 10.2196/21257

and...

Steffen E. Eikenberry, Marina Mancuso, Enahoro Iboi, Tin Phan, Keenan Eikenberry, Yang Kuang, Eric Kostelich, Abba B. Gumel,
To mask or not to mask: Modeling the potential for face mask use by the general public to curtail the COVID-19 pandemic,
Infectious Disease Modelling,
Volume 5,
Pages 293-308,
ISSN 2468-0427,

But what do they know? They are just highly educated scientists, after all.

I would wear a mask just because they asked me to, though. I am a guest in somebody else's space. Following other people's house rules, when you are in their space, is just what you do. It's not about being safe for me, but it's about respect.

A US appeals court has temporarily blocked President Joe Biden's plans for a vaccine mandate for businesses.

The law would require workers at private companies with more than 100 employees to get fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or be tested weekly.
But the court found "grave statutory and constitutional" issues with the rule, set to be introduced in January.

It said it was suspending the mandate and gave the Biden administration until Monday to respond.
Five Republican-led states - Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina and Utah - as well as private companies and religious groups, had filed legal challenges against the mandate.

They accused the president of overstepping his authority.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59194421

*sigh* Drunk on power, the nutters in LA County roll out even more stupid mandates;

Los Angeles will expand the nation's already strictest vaccine mandates as the city add several midsize venues to its list of places that require proof of vaccination to enter. Beginning Monday, the city will launch SafePassLA, expanding the vaccine mandate to include indoor and outdoor venues that have between 5,000 to 9,999 attendees. Officials will begin enforcement at the impacted places, such as museums and concert halls and convention centers, beginning November 29 to give required locations time to adjust.
'We've spent too much time placing restrictions on people who did their part by getting vaccinated and wearing their masks,' Council President Nury Martinez said during the City Council's process approving the ordinance. 'We need to both limit the transmission of the virus as well as make it inconvenient for those who are unvaccinated to access indoor venues and put lives at jeopardy. The stakes are too high.' In LA county of roughly 10 million people, 72 percent of those 12-years-old and up are fully vaccinated, according to public health officials. LA Mayor Eric Garcetti, who tested positive for the coronavirus last week while attending the United Nations climate change conference, hopes the mandate will increase the vaccination rate and make businesses safer for employees and customers.

DailyMail

From "two weeks to flatten the curve" to "SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS, SWINE!!".

Fuck them, I will not comply.

That was very disturbing.

*sigh* Drunk on power, the nutters in LA County roll out even more stupid mandates;

Los Angeles will expand the nation's already strictest vaccine mandates as the city add several midsize venues to its list of places that require proof of vaccination to enter. Beginning Monday, the city will launch SafePassLA, expanding the vaccine mandate to include indoor and outdoor venues that have between 5,000 to 9,999 attendees. Officials will begin enforcement at the impacted places, such as museums and concert halls and convention centers, beginning November 29 to give required locations time to adjust.
'We've spent too much time placing restrictions on people who did their part by getting vaccinated and wearing their masks,' Council President Nury Martinez said during the City Council's process approving the ordinance. 'We need to both limit the transmission of the virus as well as make it inconvenient for those who are unvaccinated to access indoor venues and put lives at jeopardy. The stakes are too high.' In LA county of roughly 10 million people, 72 percent of those 12-years-old and up are fully vaccinated, according to public health officials. LA Mayor Eric Garcetti, who tested positive for the coronavirus last week while attending the United Nations climate change conference, hopes the mandate will increase the vaccination rate and make businesses safer for employees and customers.

DailyMail

Note to self: be on lookout for viral video of incoherent anti-mandate British karen.

I got a Moderna booster on Friday, and it felt just like the J&J one I got earlier. For me they were both like having covid except without the coughing and congestion, plus arm pain. Started to feel sick Friday night, was down for the count most of Saturday, then perfectly fine on Sunday, like Jesus. ✝️

DailyMail

I have to wear a mask at Playhouse Square not because of state or municipal regs, but because tens of millions of idiots didn't get vaccinated which has prolonged this pandemic. That you are upset at municipalities for the ridiculous stupidity of Americans that refuse to help solve the problem is just a sign of how bitter you are politically.

"I'm old enough to drink. My taxes paid for that road. I bought my car. I've got insurance.
I'm too drunk to walk home, and I'm not leaving my car here in the parking lot of some bar.

Fuck them, I will not comply."

Tom

I have to wear a mask at Playhouse Square not because of state or municipal regs, but because tens of millions of idiots didn't get vaccinated which has prolonged this pandemic. That you are upset at municipalities for the ridiculous stupidity of Americans that refuse to help solve the problem is just a sign of how bitter you are politically.

That you go along with the charade is just a sign of how willfully ignorant you really are. These mandates are not about concern for people's health or science. It's about power drunk autocrats exerting their neuroses over ordinary people and virtue signaling wankers wagging their fingers in disapproval at the out group.

Back
Top Bottom