• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Cowardly Liar in Chief

AirPoh

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
This is what he promised ...

Cowardly Liar in Chief said:
More
I am currently at the United Nations representing our Country, but have authorized the release tomorrow of the complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript of my phone conversation with President Zelensky of Ukraine....

But this is what we got ...

The rough transcript, which a senior White House official said was developed with assistance from voice recognition software along with note takers and experts listening, will likely amplify the Democratic impeachment effort.

More
I am currently at the United Nations representing our Country, but have authorized the release tomorrow of the complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript of my phone conversation with President Zelensky of Ukraine....
Like Obama with 'you can keep your doctor,' i'm not sure if this was a lie, or unreal optimism.

I'm sure he thought, or maybe someone told him, they could jimmy up a non-illegal version of the transcript with a day's notice. And in Trump's mind, if he now regrets what he did yesterday, it's possible to rewrite yesterday to match what he wishes he had said.

But the whistleblower complaint makes it seem likely that the actual transcript was out there, and someone decided to cover their own ass by allowing that this was NOT the verbatim version.

Does the public even get to actually see the rough transcript?

All I have heard so far is a whole bunch of media frenzy over what they accuse him based on a whistle blower who turns out really isn't a whistle blower. No facts at all yet, just steaming bull crap.

Lets just cut out all the Efn noise (both sides) and just actually see the transcript already! And then maybe everyone will actually know what was actually said.

All I have heard so far is a whole bunch of media frenzy over what they accuse him based on a whistle blower who turns out really isn't a whistle blower. No facts at all yet, just steaming bull crap.

Lets just cut out all the Efn noise (both sides) and just actually see the transcript already! And then maybe everyone will actually know what was actually said.

Well let me ask you this, do we prosecute our war criminals?

Looks like the transcript here: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-ukraine-call-transcript-read-the-document

I read most of it....it looks like another big nothing burger to me.

Coward: “a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.”

A person that does not endure dangerous or pleasant things yet has the courage to is not a person without courage to endure such things. When one has the courage, one has the choice to endure the pains.

Does Trump have the courage it takes? We cannot decide that by any mere instances where no dangerous or unpleasant things are endured.

More
Like Obama with 'you can keep your doctor,' i'm not sure if this was a lie, or unreal optimism.

I'm sure he thought, or maybe someone told him, they could jimmy up a non-illegal version of the transcript with a day's notice. And in Trump's mind, if he now regrets what he did yesterday, it's possible to rewrite yesterday to match what he wishes he had said.

But the whistleblower complaint makes it seem likely that the actual transcript was out there, and someone decided to cover their own ass by allowing that this was NOT the verbatim version.

I don't think the two are comparable. Trump knew he had no intention of releasing the "complete, fully declassified and unredacted transcript." Private companies choosing to stop offering a certain policy has nothing to do with Obama.

Coward: “a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.”

A person that does not endure dangerous or pleasant things yet has the courage to is not a person without courage to endure such things. When one has the courage, one has the choice to endure the pains.

Does Trump have the courage it takes? We cannot decide that by any mere instances where no dangerous or unpleasant things are endured.

There are certainly unpleasant to Trump.

Agreed. But, lack of courage may not be germain. When it is, it’s cowardice.

A redneck with money like Trump is still a redneck.The courage to say or do anything (if present) does not render him a coward (precisely because HE HAS the courage, if he does). We can’t just look at what he avoids but rather if the courage is there.

Agreed. But, lack of courage may not be germain. When it is, it’s cowardice.

A redneck with money like Trump is still a redneck.The courage to say or do anything (if present) does not render him a coward (precisely because HE HAS the courage, if he does). We can’t just look at what he avoids but rather if the courage is there.

It's not, that's the point.

Trump is a CEO who doesn't even have the courage to fire people in a face-to-face conversation. He delegates it, or does it by tweet. I think we can leverage that behavior into judging his capacity for bravery in other situations.
If there's the slightest chance someone will challenge his actions, he's going to evade the possibility.

Trump is a CEO who doesn't even have the courage to fire people in a face-to-face conversation. He delegates it, or does it by tweet. I think we can leverage that behavior into judging his capacity for bravery in other situations.
If there's the slightest chance someone will challenge his actions, he's going to evade the possibility.

Don isn't even a decent human being, he's been in the public eye for decades and we all know this. In some regards I see Don as THE perfect president for america at this juncture. A shitty human being as a shitty president for a shitty nation/society, or at the very least, a nation/society going through a shitty point in its evolution.

I would actually accept that if that itself didn’t bring the same hang up. Having the courage to do something is opposite of not having the courage to do something, but we can’t just willie nilly infer from not firing people in person that he has no courage. We might draw from one doing something that one has the courage to do it, but the inverse doesn’t hold up logically.

Back
Top Bottom