• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Cross-dressing priest who dealt meth and owned sex shop asks for leniency

It looks like maybe only one broken biblical commandment, though I'm not sure it was a commandment. I've not heard of commandments against selling methamphetamines, owning a sex shop, cross dressing, or asking for leniency. However, it looks like he could have broken a couple criminal laws and done quite a bit the church wouldn't approve of.

All in all though, he doesn't sound like someone I would want to associate with.

Cross dressing is a big no-no, at any rate:

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. - Deuteronomy 22:5

The only thing in all of this that is illegal is the meth dealing. If he´s getting four years, it would have had to be a colossal amount. Also... probably the acts of an addict. All the rest of the stuff he´s done could be the result of the meth. It has a way of really messing with the head.

I´m the wrong person so ask, because I think jail time for drug charges are always bullshit. Addicts are sick people and should be treated as such. If we don´t put diabetics in jail (for their unhealthy lifestyle) we shouldn´t put drug addicts in jail either.

On the bright side ... at least this priest wasn't molesting children. Having sex with men and cross-dressing, that's his own business and nobody else's. Owning a sex shop isn't crime, either. Yes, he should be charged with dealing meth, as that's illegal, but the rest of it is irrelevant and not illegal. And at least it's one priest who wasn't molesting children.

Back
Top Bottom