• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Daily Dose of Stupid

In reality, I fail to see why this gives so many people (mostly men) problems. Most people want to be seen as attractive to the sex(es) they prefer, but they also want to be validated as being people, with attractiveness not being their only valuable trait. There's a bit of a balance to strike here, but it's not that difficult. Not staring at tits is just another social skill like keeping your voice down in a library or knowing when and where it's appropriate to swear. If you use respect as your guide it's a good start.

I heard a guy (I won't use the word gentleman, because he wasn't) trying to pick up a girl on the bus last week. He was awful. It was painful to listen to, and culminated in him describing how he would write a suave and beautiful love letter to the woman he was taking to. I believe he said " I be writin' you some real Shakespear type shit, yo."

Realizing that so many women have to put up with that sort of stuff on a daily basis makes me just cringe.

In reality, I fail to see why this gives so many people (mostly men) problems. Most people want to be seen as attractive to the sex(es) they prefer, but they also want to be validated as being people, with attractiveness not being their only valuable trait. There's a bit of a balance to strike here, but it's not that difficult. Not staring at tits is just another social skill like keeping your voice down in a library or knowing when and where it's appropriate to swear. If you use respect as your guide it's a good start.
And not masturbating in public. I got three warnings at work before I worked that one out.

I heard a guy (I won't use the word gentleman, because he wasn't) trying to pick up a girl on the bus last week. He was awful. It was painful to listen to, and culminated in him describing how he would write a suave and beautiful love letter to the woman he was taking to. I believe he said " I be writin' you some real Shakespear type shit, yo."

Realizing that so many women have to put up with that sort of stuff on a daily basis makes me just cringe.

Yup, that was all I was saying, not sure why it was so complicated to understand.

Back
Top Bottom