• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Dairy activists disrupt Bernie Sanders event

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
non-practicing agnostic
Senator Bernie Sanders was interrupted by topless anti-dairy industry protesters pouring fake blood on themselves from milk cartons during the 2020 candidate's rally in Nevada on Sunday.

As Sanders spoke to his supporters at a rally in Carson City, a group of women, some topless, taking part in a demonstration organized by the animal rights group Direct Action Everywhere stormed the stage. The group, an international grassroots network founded in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2013, often stages similar non-violent disruptive protests with animal rights activists.
https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-san...s-pouring-fake-blood-themselves-1487596?amp=1

Probably not real supporters but being paid off by Bloomberg.

2 topless women were arrested for "indecent exposure". That show or be your headline. Why do you still have this backwards law against women being topless? It's sexist and repressive.

2 topless women were arrested for "indecent exposure". That show or be your headline. Why do you still have this backwards law against women being topless? It's sexist and repressive.

You can start a pro-nudity thread in the politics forum.

Senator Bernie Sanders was interrupted by topless anti-dairy industry protesters pouring fake blood on themselves from milk cartons during the 2020 candidate's rally in Nevada on Sunday.

As Sanders spoke to his supporters at a rally in Carson City, a group of women, some topless, taking part in a demonstration organized by the animal rights group Direct Action Everywhere stormed the stage. The group, an international grassroots network founded in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2013, often stages similar non-violent disruptive protests with animal rights activists.
https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-san...s-pouring-fake-blood-themselves-1487596?amp=1

I don't think so. Social media marketing is cheap compared to traditional forms of advertising. I suspect this is a "Peoples Front of Judea" animal rights fringe activist group who thought that this is a good return on investment. "Hey! The news cycle is currently focused on Bernie, let's use that to promote what should matter - DAIRY! Come on Tiffany!"

One of the topless women was named Tiffany. Just saying.

Your thread title maybe should have specified they were anti-dairy nuts (you are what you eat, or in this case, drink). A bit ironic to protest against milk by displaying your mammaries. ;)

I liked Bernie's response though: "This is Nevada. There’s always a little excitement — at no extra cost." Classic Bernie!

There is no evidence they have been paid by Bloomberg. Left-wing nutters including animal rights activists have been known to pull such ridiculous stunts. If you remember, #BLMers interrupted Bernie's rally in 2016 as well.

Maybe it has to do with Vermont having a lot of dairy farms? Either way, it didn't really disrupt the event much

Can't see this doing anything but helping the Sanders campaign. If people hear about this, they'll equate Sanders with Topless Women. You can't buy publicity like that!

...almost no one but Bloomberg can buy publicity like that.

I doubt that Bern-berns is seriously offended. He's not as vulnerable as Pete to SJW attacks, so this is really just an opportunity for free news coverage. And since most Americans are pro-slaughterhouse and pro-dairy, being protested by those who aren't imakes it look like he's on "our" side.

Your thread title maybe should have specified they were anti-dairy nuts (you are what you eat, or in this case, drink). A bit ironic to protest against milk by displaying your mammaries. ;)

I liked Bernie's response though: "This is Nevada. There’s always a little excitement — at no extra cost." Classic Bernie!

There is no evidence they have been paid by Bloomberg. Left-wing nutters including animal rights activists have been known to pull such ridiculous stunts. If you remember, #BLMers interrupted Bernie's rally in 2016 as well.

I don't think they were protesting the existence of milk, just the theft of milk from other species (and gross genetic manipulation to turn living beings into giant enslaved milk machines).

I doubt that Bern-berns is seriously offended. He's not as vulnerable as Pete to SJW attacks, so this is really just an opportunity for free news coverage. And since most Americans are pro-slaughterhouse and pro-dairy, being protested by those who aren't imakes it look like he's on "our" side.
Hopefully it just doesn't look that way and he is really on our side re meat and dairy.

I don't think they were protesting the existence of milk, just the theft of milk from other species (and gross genetic manipulation to turn living beings into giant enslaved milk machines).
Theft? Cows are livestock, not persons. You can't steal from them.

Besides, dairy industry reliant on Homo Sapiens milk supply would not be sustainable.

Laws against boobs being visible is especially bad, since it creates a double standard if men are allowed to go topless. Where are all our resident feminists on this one?

Laws against boobs being visible is especially bad, since it creates a double standard if men are allowed to go topless. Where are all our resident feminists on this one?

I once told a feminist I supported allowing women to be topless anywhere men were allowed to be topless. She implied I was saying that not because I believed in legal equality, but because I wanted to see women with their tits out.

My response was going to be "really kween" but she was my employment superior at the time.

Yeah, personally, I want to see human kind move away from such terrible practices as growing out meat attached to brains, in formats that in any way resemble living, thinking beings: grow a set of organs, put it in a frame, dump corn in one end and collect fertalizer from the other, hook all it's tubes to a set of muscles strung between a turbine and a frame. Zap the muscles regularly to pull the turbine and when they get big enough, pull them down and cook them. If you need new driver organs, just scoop out the brain bits before they actually grow into a brain. Same for milk. You can't "enslave" something with no mind.

Back
Top Bottom