• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Dark Matter/ Dark Energy/ General Relativity associated with non-gluon particle count in volume of spacetime

Kharakov

Quantum Hot Dog
Basic Beliefs
Don't step on mine.
I'm expanding on the alternate General Relativity model that assumes spacetime deformation is not directly causally related to stress energy (mass equivalent in Newtonian gravitation) in a volume of spacetime, but is instead causally related to the number of non-gluon particles in a volume of spacetime.

There are a few differences between normal GR and alternate GR, and a few similarities:

They both predict the same spacetime geometry. Alternate GR doesn't postulate missing mass (dark matter), or dark energy.

Using Kepler's third law, you'd extract the number of particles in astronomical bodies instead of their mass, using a gravitational constant associated with the number of particles instead of mass.

Neutrinos, very low mass particles, contribute significantly to gravitational distortion of spacetime. In the alternate model GR, they are Dark Matter, and there is no valid reason to postulate the existence of particles beyond the Standard Model.

Some explanations (that might even be logically possible) of spacetime expansion and Dark Energy due to increase in total number of particles in spacetime... hidden one I'll leave up.. but mehh...:

1) Semi-static universe model: Total spacetime deformation does not increase over time, but is shared by all non-gluon particles within spacetime. As more non gluon particles are produced (mainly an increase in the # of neutrinos after baryon production dropped off), particles slowly lose individual gravitational strength. Red shift from further away galaxies and the CMB is explained because gravitational fields were stronger when there were less total non-gluon particles in the earlier universe, which means that light traveling away from stars (or CMB from the last scattering) was coming out of stronger gravitational wells. Initial BB conditions... mehh...

2) Total spacetime distortion increases over time as more non-gluon particles exist. This means that the total gravitational deformation of all of spacetime is increasing over time. Increased gravitation= increased gravitational time dilation. Emitted light's frequency is red shifted (post emission) as total gravitational time dilation increases. Hydrogen emission lines remain the same at initial emission, but over time light is red shifted as gravitational time dilation increases. In addition, it takes "longer" for light to travel the greater the gravitational time dilation is, which explains spacetime expansion. Initial BB conditions?

By "non-gluon particles" I mean non-gauge boson particles. Anyway....

Extending #2. The obvious conclusion (or... beginning) is an ancient universe with really high energy density (lots of light) and not a whole bunch of non-gauge boson particles.

As more non-gauge boson particles were produced, spacetime "expanded" due to gravitational time dilation. After non-gauge boson particle production slowed, the expansion slowed. I better come up with a more exciting way to say this, ehh?

Dark Energy debunking homework continued....

Expanding on this, to further clarify how the expansion of spacetime occurs.

The greater the number of non gauge boson particles in the universe, the greater the total spacetime distortion is. Greater spacetime distortion due to more particles increases gravitational time dilation.

However the isotropic distribution of particles results in a net zero time dilation for every point in spacetime (with the exception of local anisotropies), since each point is "pulled" equally in all directions. So we have a scenario in which all points are at the center of a gravitational field that increases the further away from them you are (but each far away point is also at the center of a field that increases the further away from it other points are).

So light is red shifted by distance from the central point, and this red shift over distance increases over time as the total # of particles in the universe increases.

Photon velocity is through spacetime, not space. So as the rate of time for each central point in spacetime increases compared to distant points, distance between points in space appears to grow, as photons travel through more time compared to distant objects as universal spacetime distortion increases due to higher particle counts.

I would like to better understand your thoughts.

Please elaborate on the types of particles to be counted; what particles do you propose to include?
How does counting these differ from traditional methods of gravitational potential measurement?

I would like to better understand your thoughts.

Please elaborate on the types of particles to be counted; what particles do you propose to include?
All non-gauge boson particles, although I have reservations about particles other than hadrons and neutrinos for various reasons (intuition partially, and it could be totally wrong).

I exclude gauge bosons because if they contributed to gravitational deformation of spacetime, the Sun's gravitational field would change over time as the number of photons within it increases (more photons are created than emitted (it's not a precise balance) so gravitational field strength would increase, which would increase the rate of fusion, which would create more photons, which would...).

So we can rule out gauge bosons (at least photons) from the equation from the start (unless there is a sun screen.... cover up... :p). As to the rest, I think galactic rotation curves are easily explained if neutrinos contribute significantly to gravitation despite their low mass.

How does counting these differ from traditional methods of gravitational potential measurement?

Whether it's the Schwarzschild metric of General Relativity, or Kepler's third law combined with Newtonian gravitational theory, it's standard to think of gravitation as being due to mass (stress energy) instead of # of particles.

However, if you continue with the assumption that gravitation is due to mass instead of # of particles, you need to postulate the existence of particles that nobody has ever seen evidence for (some form of dark matter that is made up of non-interacting particles beyond the standard model).

If gravitation is due to # of particles in a volume of spacetime, instead of mass, then perhaps the presence of neutrinos can explain galactic rotation curves.

Ah, very good.
Classical "mass" is essentially an accounting of fermion quantity, but if we include the bosons there are considerably more units to count.

By separating mass from gravitational potential, would that allow gravity to be considered a non-conserved quantity?

Yeah (it's non conserved). One of the premises is that total universal gravitational field increases over time as # of particles increases.

grpage1.jpg
grpage2.jpg

GRpage3.jpg
So, I should correct the above, but basically a point 10^6 (relative) light years away at point B would be redshifted (and timeshifted) as much to someone at point A, as someone at point A is redshifted and timeshifted compared to someone at point B.
GRpage4.jpg

A quick note, since I'm pressed for time just now: You might be wrong about our detecting changes in the sun's gravitation. Human science has had the ability to measure such things for a very short time, cosmically speaking. The duration of our ability to measure this could be used to put an upper limit on the strength of the effect.

The way I thought about the sun is:

Sun produces far more photons than it emits. Offhand, I think this is why the sun is going to be a red giant in a few billion years (radiation pressure will keep increasing and cause the whole sun to expand).

If photons contributed to gravitation in particle count dependent relativity, when they increased, the gravitational field strength of the sun would increase. This increase would cause an increase in photon production over time, which would increase the rate of field strength increase. It would be a runaway cycle.

Not only that, but planet's orbits would have been getting closer to the sun over time. Astronomers would definitely have detected this happening. Also, Jupiter would be getting closer to the asteroid belt, and more of them would be being flung around the solar system. So I really doubt that this is going on, unless there is a massive cover up (after we found out that we wouldn't be able to easily live in space, everyone decided to lie about the Earth spiraling into the sun to the next generations so they would be happy for a bit).

Back
Top Bottom