• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Deion Sanders, what is with this hype?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
So, I'm vaguely familiar with Sanders being a college football head coach. I think he was at a couple of places, getting established. And now he is at Colorado where they are 3-1, after a particularly tough loss to a much better Oregon program. Sanders seemed to be talking big, the press don't seem to want to shut up, and make this a major thing.

He technically hasn't accomplished any major accolades, but obviously, black head coaches in college football aren't too common. Sanders has long had a big mouth. Probably because he could back up just about anything he said on the field, being one of the best cornerbacks the game has ever seen. And he seems to be talking a bunch at the moment too. I'm just curious why he is being sold as the messiah in college football coaching, without get to a big bowl first?

So, I'm vaguely familiar with Sanders being a college football head coach. I think he was at a couple of places, getting established. And now he is at Colorado where they are 3-1, after a particularly tough loss to a much better Oregon program. Sanders seemed to be talking big, the press don't seem to want to shut up, and make this a major thing.

He technically hasn't accomplished any major accolades, but obviously, black head coaches in college football aren't too common. Sanders has long had a big mouth. Probably because he could back up just about anything he said on the field, being one of the best cornerbacks the game has ever seen. And he seems to be talking a bunch at the moment too. I'm just curious why he is being sold as the messiah in college football coaching, without get to a big bowl first?
A .750 winning percentage is quite elite. And in the land of the buffalo, beating the hated Huskers gets you halfway to deity status by itself.

I have that on the authority of Rick Neuheisel, who I met at a Hotel in Seattle one time after his tenure at CU.

I'm a duck. But totally respect what Sanders is doing. Yes, the best corner in history (IMO0. But he took an awful Colorado team (one win last year) and have turned them around. Love Dan Lanning. But yes, college football is about clicks today. He's going to get the clicks, the better players, and the better coaches. If he stays, he'll build a great program. But they are not contenders today.

Back
Top Bottom