• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Democratic Response To The State Of The Union Address

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
In light of recent circumstances and previous incidents of disrespect by Republicans under Obama (You lie!), what would you suggest Democrats do during the SOTU?

In light of recent circumstances and previous incidents of disrespect by Republicans under Obama (You lie!), what would you suggest Democrats do during the SOTU?

What if they just don't show up?

Fast forward to 0.55:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYheL5dULY[/youtube]

That sort of chanting at Trumps' State of the Union would seem appropriate.

I was thinking take a knee. That seems to really piss Republicans off.

What if they just don't show up?
far more fun to get up and march out. Or filter out in groups of three or four.

"The GOP taught us to do this during the impeachment."

Wear large pins of the constitution with a black drape covering half of it.

I would invite a whole bunch of people and not clap at anything he says.

Who to invite?

All the women who accused him, interspersed across the audience.
Lev Parnas.
Igor Fruman.
John Bolton.
Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort in orange jump suits.
Soldiers with bandages on their heads.

A farmer in overalls to look perplexed and make noise when Trump talks about the tariffs.

And Ted Cruz's father to scream "liar."

Always bring up Ted Cruz's father.

Fast forward to 0.55:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYheL5dULY[/youtube]

That sort of chanting at Trumps' State of the Union would seem appropriate.
I was thinking more like the Stone Cold Steve Austin "What?!" call.

I would invite a whole bunch of people and not clap at anything he says.

Who to invite?

All the women who accused him, interspersed across the audience.
Lev Parnas.
Igor Fruman.
John Bolton.
Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort in orange jump suits.
Soldiers with bandages on their heads.

A farmer in overalls to look perplexed and make noise when Trump talks about the tariffs.

And Ted Cruz's father to scream "liar."

Always bring up Ted Cruz's father.
Not just not clap. They need to disrupt him every time he lies (so like, every few seconds). Seriously, it's time the dems started breaking the norms the way the gop has. Stop pretending there is any kind of civility. Stop playing the game by the rules while the other side uses the rule book to wipe their ass.

Get. In. Their. Fucking. Face.

They should have several people in the audience with large signs that say "Lie" on them, with a simple, easy to read link to a debunking site, and flip them up every single goddamn time he says any thing.

They're not going to win by getting into the mud with Trump. He's better at it than they are.

Act like adults and present themselves as an alternative which isn't crazy and stupid.

They're not going to win by getting into the mud with Trump. He's better at it than they are.

Act like adults and present themselves as an alternative which isn't crazy and stupid.
It is nice to pretend though. *flings mud*

This isn't remotely true.

Trump is terrible at ad libbing. He can respond later on twitter, but it would be easy to disrupt him and make him look like (more of) an idiot on TV, live.

Trump is terrible at ad libbing. He can respond later on twitter, but it would be easy to disrupt him and make him look like (more of) an idiot on TV, live.

But it's the responses on twitter afterwards which matter. Who cares if they win the battle of making him look silly one night if they end up losing the war because they fight it on Trump's turf.

But it's the responses on twitter afterwards which matter. Who cares if they win the battle of making him look silly one night if they end up losing the war because they fight it on Trump's turf.
See, that's the thing. He can't block any of the responses on twitter, so in the long run he loses. He doesn't personally read all the replies, but many of his 'followers' do, and they will always claim victory, even when they know he's an idiot. And it will be easy (continues to be easy) to show how much of an idiot he really is.

To get back to actual SOTU, it is common for lawmakers to have guests of their own. Sometimes, they choose poorly. Like when Gilibrand chose the Columbia false rape accuser, Emma "Mattress Girl" "Fuck Me In My Lopsided ass" Sulkowitz.

Well, this year we have a doozy too.
House Democrat Invites Fiancee of Murdered Khashoggi to Trump’s SOTU
Intl. Business Times said:
“Hatice’s courage to sit in the house chamber Tuesday night should serve as a clarion call to the president that no matter how high it goes, Saudi Arabia must be held accountable for the murder of this loving father and fiancee, respected journalist, U.S. resident, my constituent, and reformer,” [Gerry] Connolly [(D-VA)], a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said in a statement on Monday. “Congress has acted. Now too must the president.”

Khashoggi was no "reformer". He was an Islamist and a member of the radical Muslim Brotherhood.
He was also not Connolly's constituent. He may have, at times, resided in his district, but he wasn't a US citizen.

Having the hijabed ex-fiancee of an Islamist propagandist as an official SOTU guest is not a good look for the Democratic Party.

I remember when that one guy did that. People were horrified at the break in decorum. If someone had broken decorum under Bush, we might not have invaded Iraq.

I miss the days when Representatives would beat each other with canes. We should bring that back.

Just pull the cord on the teleprompter and enjoy the show.

Nah, hack the computer, replace his speech with a resignation speech. Think he will realize what's going on?

Yes, people would realize it was hacked, so what? If he can't even understand what he's saying there's no way he should be in office.

Back
Top Bottom