• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Did Trumpy ACTUALLY Vet His Campaign-Manager??

Medicine Man

Basic Beliefs
Everything is temporary

August 14, 2016 - "The developments in Ukraine underscore the risky nature of the international consulting that has been a staple of Mr. Manaforts business since the 1980s, when he went to work for the Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos. Before joining Mr. Trump’s campaign this spring, Mr. Manafort’s most prominent recent client was Mr. Yanukovych, who — like Mr. Marcos — was deposed in a popular uprising.

Before he fled to Russia two years ago, Mr. Yanukovych and his Party of Regions relied heavily on the advice of Mr. Manafort and his firm, who helped them win several elections. During that period, Mr. Manafort never registered as a foreign agent with the United States Justice Department — as required of those seeking to influence American policy on behalf of foreign clients — although one of his subcontractors did."

To be fair to this sleazeball, he was acting as a consultant to foreign governments for their own elections, not being paid by them to lobby in the USA on their behalf, so registering would have been unnecessary.

I agree that turnaround is fair play, but lets keep it within the realm of fact.

We already knew he worked for the pro-Russian Ukrainian President.

We already knew he worked for the pro-Russian Ukrainian President.

....And, you're testifying in-support-of the Teabagger Nation?
Yes... I have been an avid Trump supporter since June 2015. My username even suggests a strong stalwart support of a candidate like Trump. He is going to make HTML 2.0 great again!

Why would he have to register? He was helping a foreign government, not seeking to influence the US.

Is Trump being used to advance a more Pro-Russian set of policies? Narcissists can be easy to control. We have this, and the mysterious change in the GOP platform not long before this. Unwitting agent, indeed.

Why would he have to register? He was helping a foreign government, not seeking to influence the US.

.....AND, he's a Republican.

If he was a Dem.....having done the same thing.....he'd more-than-likely be facing his third congressional-inquisition, by now.

....And, you're testifying in-support-of the Teabagger Nation?
Yes... I have been an avid Trump supporter since June 2015. My username even suggests a strong stalwart support of a candidate like Trump. He is going to make HTML 2.0 great again!

August 15, 2016 - "The name of Paul Manafort was among the persons in the so-called "black ledger" of the Party of Regions, which at the request of V.Trepak [former first deputy chairman of the Security Service of Ukraine Viktor Trepak] is being investigated by the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine.

According to the lists, over $12.7 million has been allocated for the costs related to this person starting from November 20, 2007. The last record in the "book" on Manafort is dated October 5, 2012," the press service said.

The NABU stressed the availability of Manafort's name in the "black ledger" does not mean he actually received the funds, as the recipients column contains signatures of other people.

The bureau noted the pre-trial investigation into the case is continuing."

male31-male-smiley-whistle-smiley-emoticon-000073-large.gif

So is Manafort and his people saying that they are still waiting on payment?

Back
Top Bottom