• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Did Whistleblower rules (law) change in August to permit 2nd hand info?

If that were true, a lot more people would be hit by cars....

More than how many?
If the ability to recognize the difference between desire and reality were a societal outlier, then the majority of society would be unabld to navigate traffic without significant impacts. So thefact tgat we HAVE a society tells me they are at least that competent. Barely, but that much.

If that were true, a lot more people would be hit by cars....

More than how many?
If the ability to recognize the difference between desire and reality were a societal outlier, then the majority of society would be unabld to navigate traffic without significant impacts. So thefact tgat we HAVE a society tells me they are at least that competent. Barely, but that much.

Nah, I meant that perhaps you might be a societal outlier. What your analogy here indicates is that we are competent enough to drive while only 36,750 of us died last year in traffic related ways.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_vehicle_fatality_rate_in_U.S._by_year

Apparently numerous people other than the whistle blower knew bad stuff was happening. Intelligence officers deal with information. Some direct, some not direct, that is the nature of the job. It now depends on if other people were in contact with the whistle blower and reporting what they knew and if they had first hand knowledge or not, and of what. If someone knows that telephone calls were being mischaracterized to move to a secret data system, this is an abuse of power and it is not "hearsay".

This is going to be very well investigated and the "hearsay" charge probably in the end, is not going to fly. We will see a parade of ex-intelligent officials chewing this over on MSNBC as this stroy develops and investigations are undertaken.

The Hill:
Former CIA chief and vocal Trump critic John Brennan said Thursday he believes the person who filed a whistleblower complaint against President Trump "deserves our praise and gratitude."

It does not sound like John Brennan, for CIA head buys into this hearsay nonsense. I am sure we will hear more from Brennan as this unfolds.

As I understand it, the hearsay aspect has already been debunked because the inspector general interviewed the people the whistleblower cited as those who witnessed the event first hand and told him/her about it. They confirmed the WB's account.

Yep. And soon the whistle blower will testify, and confirm that, and then the other agents with information of Trump administration wrong doing will be asked to testify. All the far right lies, bullshit and deflection will be debunked and it is going to be devastating.

We will need something stronger than popcorn here.

Yep. And soon the whistle blower will testify, and confirm that, and then the other agents with information of Trump administration wrong doing will be asked to testify. All the far right lies, bullshit and deflection will be debunked and it is going to be devastating.

We will need something stronger than popcorn here.
Now is the time for Screaming Yellow Zonkers.

Traitor-in-Chief is now saying he wants to meet and talk with - and certainly intimidate - the whistleblower. Not likely to happen anytime soon, good-luck on that latest deflection Trumpo.

Nah, I meant that perhaps you might be a societal outlier.
Yeah, i got that.
What your analogy here indicates is that we are competent enough to drive while only 36,750 of us died last year in traffic related ways.
Wow. That's a big number, 37,000.
Of course, there are 210 million licensed drivers out there. Assume all of them drive. They don't, but we'll assume that because there's no other accounting for the people driving without a license.
Figure they HAVE to drive to work 5 days a week. Won't try to account for vacations, or trips to the store, or club hopping. Just 54 billion individual instances of bored people on their regular commutes, kids to daycare or school, grabbing coffee on the way, boring repetition, aiming half a ton of aluminum and faux leather at people...

These 54,730,000,000 events of maximum complacency (x2 for trips TO and FROM work) ONLY kill 36,750 people? That's damned near a miracle.

Traitor-in-Chief is now saying he wants to meet and talk with - and certainly intimidate - the whistleblower. Not likely to happen anytime soon, good-luck on that latest deflection Trumpo.

Yeaaaaaah. He has, he says, a 'right to face his accuser.' Except in an impeachment, it'll be Congress that's his accuser.
And then, he's going to want to testify by video recording rather than face cross-examination.

So, shut the fuck up.

What about 3rd hand info or rather informed opinion? I mean the info is out in the open but people are either not paying attention or don't dare to say anything because it would mean permanent loss of job in the relevant industry? Does that qualify for whistle blowing protection? And what is protection anyway? can they guarantee that person identity will never be revealed or at least pay him or her lost income for the rest of life?

Someone raised this claim in my hearing. I googles some, found only mention on Federalist, RedState and their ilk. Can't find anything else. Does anyone know about this?
Based on what I've found, it seems a mixed bag. This link takes you to the beginning of the process. Using the Wayback site, the information on that page is relatively unchanged since 2017 and doesn't indicate needing to first-source information.

Now, one important thing to remember here (among others), is the whistleblower had the transcript, he is a first source on information for that call... everything else he provides is gravy. The phone call itself is what is impeachable. The right-wing deep media state is trying to convince people that when the cops didn't have a warrant when they showed up to their home because of the gun shots they were firing off all night, and noticed cocaine all over the place.

It seems quite funny, what Trump did "is a nothing burger", but they seem to be arguing that the accuser metaphorically didn't 'have a warrant'. When you argue the warrant end of things, you are pretty much conceding that the nothing burger is a quadruple pounder ground 'angus steak' patty served on a edible gold leaf.

The answer for the OP is, "No".
There never has, nor is currently, any provision of law that requires a Whistleblower report to be from a primary source.

There never has, nor is currently, any provision of law that requires a Whistleblower report to be from a primary source.

The original '49 bill was modified in '98. No other modification to the law exists. There is nothing in the law requiring "first hand source".

So conservative douches are spreading more bullshit in their effort to defend the orange shit stain.

And frankly, if the law was changed, so what?

The original '49 bill was modified in '98. No other modification to the law exists. There is nothing in the law requiring "first hand source".

So conservative douches are spreading more bullshit in their effort to defend the orange shit stain.

The text on the form that is filled out allegedly changed. The significance of that seems to be taken way out of context.

No doubt behind all the idiocy, bluster, threats, whatabouts and intimidation they're trying to figure out what to do. The thing they need to do is talk to Pelosi and Schiff but the Orange Clown is making that highly unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom