• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Do I Have a Constitutional Right

And if using a UHaul was so easy, so effective... mass murderers would be going to it as a first option.

You mistake your love of hypotheticals for reality.

People think guns when it comes to killing. Look at Europe--the truck attacks work and this guy had a huge, packed crowd to target.
In Europe the big attacks were bombs and guns. The truck attacks have typically not been as effective.

People think guns when it comes to killing. Look at Europe--the truck attacks work and this guy had a huge, packed crowd to target.
In Europe the big attacks were bombs and guns. The truck attacks have typically not been as effective.

The second most deadly recent attack in Europe was a truck--and on a deaths per attacker basis it's by far the deadliest.

The second most deadly recent attack in Europe was a truck--and on a deaths per attacker basis it's by far the deadliest.
You've already stated that you are against machine gun control, grenade control, mortar control and nerve agent control. What controls do you favor that might prevent such instances of mass murder?

The right to bear arms, if it is about citizens having the right to take arms against their government, is moot. Taking arms against the forces that protect us is not reasonable under any set of presumptions. It is especially true if one is suggesting that by taking arms one can combat the government.

No reasonable person would go into battle with a military capable of launching missiles against one when one has no anti=missile system to protect oneself. One could not reasonably be expected to master a system requiring a company of soldiers to properly employ such a defense system.

Ergo one cannot be expected to even consider taking such a measure. All that can be expected with arms possession is the ability to kill others not members of a military or government,against one who are similarly limited in weapons choice and use.

RE the above post, no one armed as was the killer in Las Vegas can expect to even approach a military segment of government that has armor, arms of infinite capacity compare with that little automatic weapon demonstration. All one can reasonably expect is to kill unarmed , unsuspecting, citizens enjoying a movie or concert or dance experience. That is not a reason to have a right to bear arms. Such law is only reason for those who want to harm unarmed people to do so.

You've already stated that you are against machine gun control, grenade control, mortar control and nerve agent control. What controls do you favor that might prevent such instances of mass murder?

Apparently you think "control" = "outright ban".

In the cases I mentioned, yes, unless you are advocating that we should all be able to go into stores and purchase these things just like we purchase firearms. But we cannot because we are "banned" from doing exactly that, and stores are "banned" from carrying such arms. So "ban" is definitely the operative word here.

So what are you saying?

Somebody wants to ban nuclear weapons?

Or are some weapons OK to ban?

And where the line ends is the only question.

to not be killed in a Paddock style massacre?

If I do, then something needs to be done. If I don't then everything is fine.

It seems I have a right to this not happening, and that steps can be taken to lessen the chances that this will occur. Certainly the chances that this will occur again are as great as ever.

So are my constitutional rights being violated by doing nothing?

Of course you have a right not to be killed. And when you are, your rights will be violated. Give us a shout if that happens, I'll be behind you 100 percent.

to not be killed in a Paddock style massacre?

If I do, then something needs to be done. If I don't then everything is fine.

It seems I have a right to this not happening, and that steps can be taken to lessen the chances that this will occur. Certainly the chances that this will occur again are as great as ever.

So are my constitutional rights being violated by doing nothing?

Of course you have a right not to be killed. And when you are, your rights will be violated. Give us a shout if that happens, I'll be behind you 100 percent.

The question is: Is his right to life more supreme than the right to bear certain arms?

In the cases I mentioned, yes, unless you are advocating that we should all be able to go into stores and purchase these things just like we purchase firearms. But we cannot because we are "banned" from doing exactly that, and stores are "banned" from carrying such arms. So "ban" is definitely the operative word here.

So what are you saying?

You're showing what you mean by "gun control".

They are not mutually exclusive.

In Vegas they were.

As has been pointed out several times, and dishonestly snipped several times, the right to bear arms does not include the right to use them aggressively.

I've seen it before, this weird argument that if you take Sane Citizen and give him a gun he automatically becomes a Slavering Psychopath, but if you take away that gun he reverts back to Sane Citizen.

This morning my 9 mil made me bacon and eggs for breakfast. They don't become killers if you raise them right.

In Vegas they were.

As has been pointed out several times, and dishonestly snipped several times, the right to bear arms does not include the right to use them aggressively.

If you got em and you don't give a shit you can use them any way you want.

If you don't have them and don't give a shit you have to do something else.

If you got em and you don't give a shit you can use them any way you want.

If you don't have them and don't give a shit you have to do something else.

Yes.......

So what are you saying?

You're showing what you mean by "gun control".

Not sure why you don't want to answer. No biggie.

Back
Top Bottom