• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Do the Republicans have their own equivalent of Elizabeth Warren?

thank god you didn't say ted cruz

i was immediately worried he'd be the first name i got after posting this thread

Just asking.

DO you need a costume for tomorrow?

Nope, I'm all set!

BlackMageAF.jpg

In some ways Teddy Roosevelt was like Warren.

He understood the absolute corruption of concentrated capital and the insatiable greed of the rich.

Do the Republicans have an equivalent to the Democrat equivalent to Sarah Palin? I think they probably do.

Who's the Democrat equivalent to Sarah Palin? I can't recall anyone. Probably some obscure politician, at best.
Sarah Palin has hardly been a politician since she quit her job as governor. So if you wanted to find the democratic equivalent you'd have to look for failed ex-politicians, who make their living with media and riding their short failed political careers.

Well if you look at the Independence Party it would be Jesse Ventura. But he actually finished out his term.

In some ways Teddy Roosevelt was like Warren.

He understood the absolute corruption of concentrated capital and the insatiable greed of the rich.

Of course he did. He was one of them. He was born to considerable wealth and his biggest backer was technically J.P. Morgan but in reality the House of Rothschild. You don't get much richer than that. The idea that the progressive movement and the New Deal were popular uprisings against the rich is a slowly fading myth. It was all about regulating business so that the big, established businesses could be protected from competitors. It's worked beautifully so far. We're now just an inch or two away from full-blown fascism.

Back
Top Bottom