• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Do you judge other drivers?

My driving education never explained flashing amber lights, but the first time I encountered it, everyone in the intersection was driving as if there weren't any lights at all.

I[...]

I haven't encountered it again since - which is probably a decade or so of driving .

That's so interesting that you don't see them but once in your life!
Around here they are ubiquitous.

I judge the ones who get annoyed at me for rushing in front of them to turn when there was plenty of room behind them.

They seem uninterested in the facts that
A. I don't want to be stuck behind them after the turn, either,
B. Rushing is easy and fun
C. It's no skin off their nose, so why they mad?

I recognize that different drivers have different approaches to driving. They may ask, indignantly, "what's your hurry!?" to which I observe, surprised, "there's no hurry. There was a space, my car fit in it, why is that a problem?" I wish they would also recognize that people have different approaches to driving, that'll all. :) I love driving. I love turning, accelerating, timing the gap, adroit starts off a light, and merging with a fine-tuned timing to keep traffic flowing. They think I'm in a hurry and mad. But I am totally not. I'm driving differently.

When I feel like pissing people off I get on the interstate and just drive the speed limit.

There is usually a hoard of pissed drivers going around me.

I do that too when the traffic starts to get heavy. It's an interstate, not the daytona 500.

I judge the ones who get annoyed at me for rushing in front of them to turn when there was plenty of room behind them.

They seem uninterested in the facts that
A. I don't want to be stuck behind them after the turn, either,
B. Rushing is easy and fun
C. It's no skin off their nose, so why they mad?

I recognize that different drivers have different approaches to driving. They may ask, indignantly, "what's your hurry!?" to which I observe, surprised, "there's no hurry. There was a space, my car fit in it, why is that a problem?" I wish they would also recognize that people have different approaches to driving, that'll all. :) I love driving. I love turning, accelerating, timing the gap, adroit starts off a light, and merging with a fine-tuned timing to keep traffic flowing. They think I'm in a hurry and mad. But I am totally not. I'm driving differently.

I like to do that too. Straighten the curve as they say, by using the entire lane.

I've found out my wife's car has a pretty badass motor and will bark the tires pretty much at will at any speed under 15 or so. From a standing start I can smoke 'em. Don't tell her I told you guys that. I just wished the suspension and steering matched it.

Maybe I can talk her into a set of performance coilovers, lower the car an inch or two and get that center of gravity a little closer to the pavement. Maybe find stiffer sway bars.

Back
Top Bottom