• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Do you think we are losing our democracy before our very eyes today?

Trump voters voted for Trump because they thought doing so would save the middle class.

By the time they figure out nothing got better, a Democrat will be in office. The man on their favorite right wing radio show will tell them it's the Democrat's fault things aren't better, but if they vote for candidates even more extreme than Trump, this time everything will get better.

And they will do it because they're a bunch of uncritical brainwashed monkeys who would rather believe the man who tells them they are superior because they are white than their own lying eyes.

Uh, no. Trump voters voted for Trump because they thought he would save the working class, even though they all think they are middle class. Also racism. And frankly, also because the Democrats have done a piss poor job of paying any attention at all to the concerns and needs of those who do not live in urban areas.

Agreed. But I also think that the religious right wanted Trump in office. They correctly see the Trump administration and destroying reproduction rights and civil rights through the supreme court and harming teaching science in public schools through vouchers.

Well, if the Washington Post is right, it looks lke the Senate is going to try to pass the same turd that left the House, for the most part. If this thngs actually gets through, I can see no other reason than it's because Republicans have no fear of repercussions from the voters, as this thing is a massive, ugly, bill. Either that or these guys are frankly, just dumber than we all thought, which I admit IS a distinct possibility.

Well, if the Washington Post is right, it looks lke the Senate is going to try to pass the same turd that left the House, for the most part. If this thngs actually gets through, I can see no other reason than it's because Republicans have no fear of repercussions from the voters, as this thing is a massive, ugly, bill. Either that or these guys are frankly, just dumber than we all thought, which I admit IS a distinct possibility.

Why are you insulting turds? They're at least fertilizer.

I used to think that half the people that cared could see the light and the other half were brainwashed idiots. The problem of course no brainwashed person thinks they are.

Now I am thinking America has become more like Vegas. It's all bright lights and boobies but they are gonna take all your stuff including your dignity, give you herpes and send you packing.

I used to think that half the people that cared could see the light and the other half were brainwashed idiots. The problem of course no brainwashed person thinks they are.

Now I am thinking America has become more like Vegas. It's all bright lights and boobies but they are gonna take all your stuff including your dignity, give you herpes and send you packing.
There are many issues. Tribal politics, way too much money, election cycles that are perpetual/never-ending, useless cable news media, right-wing propaganda media, and the echo chamber that is the Internet.

About the only thing that could be stopped was the money issue, but thanks to the short-sighted America that elected a W to the White House, we had Citizens United.

If you want to know what America looks like look at Donald Trump.

That is America right now. A large part of.

Ignorant, obnoxious, valuing material wealth over everything else.

If you want to know what America looks like look at Donald Trump.

That is America right now. A large part of.

Ignorant, obnoxious, valuing material wealth over everything else.

The one word for Trump and why he absolutely should not be allowed to be POTUS...hubris. Trump is a hubris powered narcissist with daredevil dangerous tendencies. He does not fear the death of others or their suffering. He is the most outrageous thing that ever occupied the office and we have had some real doozies. When your leadership is like that, you can forget about human rights, justice, kindness, natural ecosystems, and democracy. You won't be having any of these things and he will attempt to destroy your chances of having any of this in the future. Congratulations America you win the political booby prize and he is out to grab your lady's pussy and all of your money. Enjoy. He is a reflection of the anger and fear of those who voted for him, and makes the future of this nation a mighty murky affair.:picardfacepalm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom