• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

DOW Plunges As Investors Remember Trump is the President

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
NEW YORK, NEW YORK -- The stock market has plunged more than 400 points since the opening when investors remembered Donald Trump was still the actual President of the United States. The previous five days had seen the market rise and fall, but mostly was in an upward trajectory as the investors casually began to forget who was President.

This morning, an investor remembered who was President and his reckless economic maneuvers, and began what would become a cascade of sell orders as people started panicking over whether President Trump would ruin the American economy.

Market analysts warn casual investors, whose retirement money is almost entirely in the stock market because artificially low interest rates make cash savings options unfeasible, to remain calm because Wall Street investors will again casually forget about Donald Trump being President, and the market will likely recover on the losses being seen today. That is until, the investors remember who is President again.

Converted my accts to 95% tax free bonds in November. Not going back until after Trump is gone and the panic over Democrat regulations subsides.
So far, I'm WAY ahead of the markets for the last 6 months... :)

I had dissolved all of my investments a couple of years ago, and have been 100% focused on debt avoidance... paying off mortgage... never carrying a credit card balance... getting rid of a car... avoiding interest is a guaranteed way to save money. Investments are not.

NEW YORK, NEW YORK -- The stock market has plunged more than 400 points since the opening when investors remembered Donald Trump was still the actual President of the United States. The previous five days had seen the market rise and fall, but mostly was in an upward trajectory as the investors casually began to forget who was President.

This morning, an investor remembered who was President and his reckless economic maneuvers, and began what would become a cascade of sell orders as people started panicking over whether President Trump would ruin the American economy.

Market analysts warn casual investors, whose retirement money is almost entirely in the stock market because artificially low interest rates make cash savings options unfeasible, to remain calm because Wall Street investors will again casually forget about Donald Trump being President, and the market will likely recover on the losses being seen today. That is until, the investors remember who is President again.

Is their a source for this?

Futures are down almost 200 right now, and the market has been tanking bigly since Trump started his trade war nonsense with China. I tend to think there may be a correlation. We took most of our money out of stocks but I haven't been able to convince my husband to take the rest out of his retirement account. We have no debt and have a good amount of savings, but I hate risking money at our age.

I think I heard earlier today that May was one of the worst ever for the market. Imo, the market was starting to suffer from irrational exuberance. We've been there before, but people never seem to learn. The market was rising rapidly, at least in part, due to the huge amount of buy backs after the reduction on corporate tax rates. What now!

Futures are down over 250 right now, thanks to Trump's decision to put tariffs on Mexican goods. Trump says if Mexico doesn't do something about the immigrants, the tariffs will keep increasing until it reaches 25%. How much chaos can one man create!

Futures are down over 250 right now, thanks to Trump's decision to put tariffs on Mexican goods. Trump says if Mexico doesn't do something about the immigrants, the tariffs will keep increasing until it reaches 25%. How much chaos can one man create!
It's okay, they are tariffs and Mexico will pay for them. ;)

It's okay, they are tariffs and Mexico will pay for them. ;)

Just think of all the money we'd make on tariffs if we just slapped about 1000% surcharges on ALL imports. We'd all be RICH!
[/trumpsucker logic]

Why doesn't Mexico just start controlling its southern borders and preventing mass migrants to travel through its territory? Instead they charter buses for them all the way to our border.

Why doesn't Mexico just start controlling its southern borders and preventing mass migrants to travel through its territory? Instead they charter buses for them all the way to our border.

. . . and yer thoughts on the US stock market are?

Finicky as always.

But again, this whole thing could be avoided if Obrador did something about illegal mass migration.
I’m pondering Mexico’s stance on their drug cartel issues and US drug imports. Maybe add a 10% tariff to US goods until drug shipments into the US drop significantly.

Finicky as always.

But again, this whole thing could be avoided if Obrador did something about illegal mass migration.

Why should Obrador care? Mexico has much bigger problems, it's basically a failed state. And their biggest problem is a direct consequence of their proximity to the US.

Futures are down almost 200 right now, and the market has been tanking bigly since Trump started his trade war nonsense with China. I tend to think there may be a correlation. We took most of our money out of stocks but I haven't been able to convince my husband to take the rest out of his retirement account. We have no debt and have a good amount of savings, but I hate risking money at our age.

I think I heard earlier today that May was one of the worst ever for the market. Imo, the market was starting to suffer from irrational exuberance. We've been there before, but people never seem to learn. The market was rising rapidly, at least in part, due to the huge amount of buy backs after the reduction on corporate tax rates. What now!

From a purely selfish point of view, I'm hoping a correction hits hard. I need to buy retirement on the cheap, I'm playing catch-up as it is. I'm holding out for another month like the end of last December.

Why should Obrador care? Mexico has much bigger problems, it's basically a failed state. And their biggest problem is a direct consequence of their proximity to the US.

That's why Trump is threatening these draconian tariffs. Because Obrador did not want to play nice. Instead, he aids and abets (by providing bus transportation through his territory) the Central American invasion of the US.

From a purely selfish point of view, I'm hoping a correction hits hard. I need to buy retirement on the cheap, I'm playing catch-up as it is. I'm holding out for another month like the end of last December.

I understand exactly how you feel. I personally believe that the market has been experiencing another bout of irrational exuberance since Trump was elected and since the corporate tax rates were lowered. Just look at how much some of the tech stocks have risen over the past two years. I could be wrong, but it reminds me a lot of the bubble in the market during the late 90s. Regardless of Trump, we are way past due for a recession. The bond market is experiencing an inverse yield curve, which is often a prelude to a recession. And, Trump's insane tariffs are adding to the market's anxiety.

That's why Trump is threatening these draconian tariffs. Because Obrador did not want to play nice. Instead, he aids and abets (by providing bus transportation through his territory) the Central American invasion of the US.

Wait... I thought that was Soros. No, hold on - looked it up in the encyclopedia of idiotic right-wing memes - you were "right":

soros.JPG

Well it seems that the US markets have recovered now that FFvC has found a way out of his latest inspired Chaos event. Hard to know what the markets would have done w/o such crazed antics...

Back
Top Bottom