• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Dr Oz: Go Pegan!

Essentially, each camp adheres to their diet with near religious fervor. And each can point to studies validating their point of view. We call this cherry picking. After reading dozens of studies on vegan and paleo diets, even I could get confused. But I don’t because I read BETWEEN the lines not just the headlines. I read the methods and analyze the actual data to learn what the studies actually demonstrate.
So, wait a minute. He doesn't have any studies he's conducted or that he can point to that support his position.... But he CAN discern an unresearched truth out of other people's research to support claims he wants to make.

Wouldn't that have been better as using the 'between the lines' info as a starting point to write up his own research? Rather than picking cherries out of other people's cherry picking research?

The guy is obviously a quack. That being said, there is good science indicating that dramatic lifestyle changes, particularly with regards to diet, can effectively prevent and might even reverse a lot of the chronic diseases that plague modern society.

Perhaps a completely plant-based, whole foods, no-added oil diet is overkill, but it seems that it may actually work.

Honestly, I don't know if I should just say "fuck it" and eat like shit with the hopes of dying from a heart-attack before dementia gets me.

As someone who has made the changes on both plant and meat (protein) based diets and slipped back into overweight inactivity, it is my weight and activity that causes my chronic conditions (acid reflux, high-blood pressure, ED, snoring, sense of dread.) Remove the weight and these problems clear up, add exercise and the body and sex drive go into hyperactive mode. -- I've had to stay seated a couple of times after meetings end for.. well that "spontaneous" problem 15 year old boys get in class. I also have the sudden urge to sprint or do cartwheels.

For me, a meat based diet seems to work the best for me. Plant-based slow me down and I need to be alert and active.

The basic dietary habits of humans has not really changed in the past million years or so. We have always eaten whatever we could find and supplemented this with whatever we could catch.

Will a paleo diet make you want to go live in a cave?

Without a TV so you can't hear Dr. Oz!

Back
Top Bottom