• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Duck Dynasty and Nicholas Cage Are Gonna Gitchu Right with God

I know for a while there, Cage did a LOT of movies because he was in big time debt to the IRS to the tune of around 20 million dollars. I think the state of California had leans on him too, and I don't think he is out of trouble yet.

I wonder whether being on the wrong side of the IRS is a bad thing, or a good thing with fundies?

I am wondering about how it came to past that a guy who makes duck calls for a living has become a cultural force? Why should the Duck Dynasty guy be listened to on any subject outside of marketing and the love call of a mallard?

I am wondering about how it came to past that a guy who makes duck calls for a living has become a cultural force?
'Cause he's on TV. Just like any football player who tells me what shaving gel to use, or pop singer who knows what soft drink is best, or any politician who tells me what i want to hear...

I am wondering about how it came to past that a guy who makes duck calls for a living has become a cultural force?
'Cause he's on TV. Just like any football player who tells me what shaving gel to use, or pop singer who knows what soft drink is best, or any politician who tells me what i want to hear...
LOL...yup. I have redneck (they are proud of that label) evangelical relatives that luv that show, and the DD attitude. DD is just one of a dozen or so reality style TV shows currently on the air that I don't get.

Think of all the media darlings today that have done very little for their attention, other than be rich and/or outlandish. Paris Hilton even got to participate in the 2008 presidential election, when McCain thought he could use her as a negative prop. Lots of actors regularly lend their irrelevant voice to various politicos or causes.

LOL...yup. I have redneck (they are proud of that label) evangelical relatives that luv that show, and the DD attitude. DD is just one of a dozen or so reality style TV shows currently on the air that I don't get.

Think of all the media darlings today that have done very little for their attention, other than be rich and/or outlandish. Paris Hilton even got to participate in the 2008 presidential election, when McCain thought he could use her as a negative prop. Lots of actors regularly lend their irrelevant voice to various politicos or causes.

That I understand

What I don'tt understand is why this guy?

But that's just me.

You need to find some redneck friends on FaceButt :D, then you will begin to understand "why this guy?"

Back
Top Bottom