• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Egyptian police arrest five people for using children to stage fake 'Aleppo' footage

Will Wiley

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
naturalist
Egyptian police arrest five people for using children to stage fake 'Aleppo' footage
Five people in Port Said allegedly making fake videos purporting to show the wreckage of air strikes in the Syrian city of Aleppo have been arrested, the Egyptian Interior Ministry has said.

The videographer, his assistants and the parents of two children who appear in the footage were detained after police managed to trail the would-be camera crew to a building site awaiting demolition, a statement on Monday said.

Is there some greater point here?

I presume this anecdote is intended to be evidence of some greater point, but one could spend hours envisioning what that may be. It wil be easier to comment if you explain the logically flawed broader conclusion you havent shared with us.

Hopefully its that we all must conclude that nothing bad happened in Aleppo, because that will be fun to argue. Or do you have a unique concern for the integrity of the film industry of Egypt? Perhaps this is just a kudos to the fine heroes of the Egyptian police.

I kid, I kid. Fascinating thread.

I presume this anecdote is intended to be evidence of some greater point, but one could spend hours envisioning what that may be. It wil be easier to comment if you explain the logically flawed broader conclusion you havent shared with us.

Hopefully its that we all must conclude that nothing bad happened in Aleppo, because that will be fun to argue. Or do you have a unique concern for the integrity of the film industry of Egypt? Perhaps this is just a kudos to the fine heroes of the Egyptian police.

Point is, When Al-Qaeda captured Aleppo and started killing civilians West called them freedom fighters and started helping them. When Russia finally got involved, west went apeshit about civilians and how bad these russians are. Russians bombed this hospital , russians bombed that hospital, first reports appeared even before these fitlhy russians got into Syria. Remember that? Remember that convoy which was bombed by this summer? Well, today UN released results of their investigation and do you know what they say? they say "we don't know who did that?" Do you want to know how it translates into plain english? It translates into "Russians did not do it"
After all these pictures of fancy russian ordinance at the place they concluded "We don't who did that"
After countless briefings from State Department with all their "High confidence" after all blaming from talking heads from CNN/NBC/FoxNews "We don't know who did that".
And now some shithead from US paper compares Russia with Nazi Germany. So I think that egyptian piece of shit should be treated as a terrorist.

Russian MoD has been caught lying so many times that their word shouldn't be trusted on anything. Just because UN inquiry could not determine who actually dropped the bombs, doesn't mean that Russia was not involved. Of course it could have been Syrian air force as well.

Russian MoD has been caught lying so many times that their word shouldn't be trusted on anything. Just because UN inquiry could not determine who actually dropped the bombs, doesn't mean that Russia was not involved. Of course it could have been Syrian air force as well.
For fuck's sake, there were pictures with russian rockets/bomb parts in there. Your fucking belingcat posted it and concluded that russians were certainly the ones.
The fact is, it was Western media who lied.
And US state department lied way more than Russian MoD.

The point is the horrors the videos show often aren't real. Look for real evidence, don't assume a video is automatically the truth.

Five people in Port Said allegedly making fake videos purporting to show the wreckage of air strikes in the Syrian city of Aleppo have been arrested, the Egyptian Interior Ministry has said.

The videographer, his assistants and the parents of two children who appear in the footage were detained after police managed to trail the would-be camera crew to a building site awaiting demolition, a statement on Monday said.

This reminds so much of a video I watched over the summer, it was called Captain America: Civil War, but something about it was nagging in the back of my mind while I was watching it, so I investigated afterward. Turns out the guy featured isn't a real Captain, much of the filming did not occur in America, and the events depicted did not even occur in the American Civil War. WTF? How did they not get arrested for this. Fucking terrorists.

No.

I knew there myst be a logical fallacy in play here.

The point is THAT GUY apparently was making a false video.

It is not evidence that any other videos are inaccurate. Or anything beyond that guy.

No.

It is not evidence that any other videos are inaccurate. Or anything beyond that guy.
It's evidence of the fact that these videos are routinely staged. And yes, a lot of these videos which western media shows are lame fakes.

No.

You think they caught the only ones doing it??

No, it's widespread. Plenty of terrorist video gets exposed as fake.

No.

It's evidence of the fact that these videos are routinely staged. And yes, a lot of these videos which western media shows are lame fakes.

LOL. Why did you feel the need to write "western media"? To distance your lovely russua from this? LOL.

There is lots of fake news in in order to get people to back a war.

Nayirah (testimony)

The Nayirah testimony was a false testimony given before the Congressional Human Rights Caucus on October 10, 1990 by a 15-year-old girl who provided only her first name, Nayirah. The testimony was widely publicized, and was cited numerous times by United States senators and President George H.W. Bush in their rationale to back Kuwait in the Gulf War. In 1992, it was revealed that Nayirah's last name was al-Ṣabaḥ (Arabic: نيره الصباح‎‎) and that she was the daughter of Saud Al-Sabah, the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United States. Furthermore, it was revealed that her testimony was organized as part of the Citizens for a Free Kuwait public relations campaign which was run by American Hill & Knowlton for the Kuwaiti government. Following this, al-Sabah's testimony has come to be regarded as a classic example of modern atrocity propaganda.[1][2]

In her emotional testimony, Nayirah stated that after the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait she had witnessed Iraqi soldiers take babies out of incubators in a Kuwaiti hospital, take the incubators, and leave the babies to die.

Her story was initially corroborated by Amnesty International[3] and testimony from evacuees. Following the liberation of Kuwait, reporters were given access to the country. An ABC report found that "patients, including premature babies, did die, when many of Kuwait's nurses and doctors... fled" but Iraqi troops "almost certainly had not stolen hospital incubators and left hundreds of Kuwaiti babies to die."[4][5] Amnesty International reacted by issuing a correction, with executive director John Healey subsequently accusing the Bush administration of "opportunistic manipulation of the international human rights movement".[6]

LOL. Why did you feel the need to write "western media"? To distance your lovely russua from this? LOL.
This thread is about western propaganda, But if you must know, russian propaganda is much less concerned with justification of invasion than western one. So there is really no point in atrocity propaganda.

No.

Again, no.

One arrest is not evidence of anything being "routinely staged." Its an accusation by the egyptians, to date unproven, of a single instance. And no one on this board knows whether it was the videos that were staged or the accusations relating thereto.

I particularly liked how dozens of photos of men holding babies appeared in western media, supposedly from Eastern Aleppo. It's almost as if every time there was a camera around a baby was being rescued right in front of the cameraman.

I'm not saying they are all fake , but if I was running a propaganda campaign to get Americans to back yet another war, I'd have lots of fake photos of babies being rescued.

I'm sure there are reasons not to believe everything the media and governments say. In this case some persons seem to have been caught red handed in faking events for political gain. This is not the first time as I understand it. The West has been backing a donkey only to make things much worse than they are under Assad.

Naturally the fanatics can't stand him because he separated church from state.

Again, no.

One arrest is not evidence of anything being "routinely staged." Its an accusation by the egyptians, to date unproven, of a single instance. And no one on this board knows whether it was the videos that were staged or the accusations relating thereto.
You are serious?

Again, no.

It seems the persons have admitted to this (or been 'persuaded to') but there is some evidence to support charges of faking. It should not come as a surprise if the White Hats are not all good guys like in the old Western movies.

There is lots of fake news in in order to get people to back a war.

Nayirah (testimony)

The Nayirah testimony was a false testimony given before the Congressional Human Rights Caucus on October 10, 1990 by a 15-year-old girl who provided only her first name, Nayirah. The testimony was widely publicized, and was cited numerous times by United States senators and President George H.W. Bush in their rationale to back Kuwait in the Gulf War. In 1992, it was revealed that Nayirah's last name was al-Ṣabaḥ (Arabic: نيره الصباح‎‎) and that she was the daughter of Saud Al-Sabah, the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United States. Furthermore, it was revealed that her testimony was organized as part of the Citizens for a Free Kuwait public relations campaign which was run by American Hill & Knowlton for the Kuwaiti government. Following this, al-Sabah's testimony has come to be regarded as a classic example of modern atrocity propaganda.[1][2]

In her emotional testimony, Nayirah stated that after the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait she had witnessed Iraqi soldiers take babies out of incubators in a Kuwaiti hospital, take the incubators, and leave the babies to die.

Her story was initially corroborated by Amnesty International[3] and testimony from evacuees. Following the liberation of Kuwait, reporters were given access to the country. An ABC report found that "patients, including premature babies, did die, when many of Kuwait's nurses and doctors... fled" but Iraqi troops "almost certainly had not stolen hospital incubators and left hundreds of Kuwaiti babies to die."[4][5] Amnesty International reacted by issuing a correction, with executive director John Healey subsequently accusing the Bush administration of "opportunistic manipulation of the international human rights movement".[6]

Shhh, we're not supposed to talk about that. The US has indeed established some strange bedfellows such as Kuwait, an upstanding pillar of human rights in the Middle East. All of this just to support regime change.

This thread is about western propaganda,
But if you must know, russian propaganda is much less concerned with justification of invasion than western one. So there is really no point in atrocity propaganda.

No. This thread is not about "westen propaganda". Its a about specific casr of alleged staged news.

And russia nit intetested in propaganda????

ROFL

Back
Top Bottom