• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Eisenhower, JFK, RFK and CIA.

JFK in fact signed an order just before he died, directing a reduction in troops in Vietnam by a certain date, but the withdrawal was contingent on South Vietnam’s army and government meeting certain benchmarks of progress in the fight against the north. LBJ countermanded that order on taking office. Although the latter called Vietnam “the biggest damned mess I’ve ever seen” in a phone call with Sen. Richard Russell, he also stated shortly after taking office that he had no intention of being the first president to lose a war. The rest is history, as they say.

I seriously doubt JFK was out to 'destroy' the CIA. That would need some qualification and details. He was anti communist and a combat veteran. The Cold War was tense. Intelligence was and is essential.

As to who did it, Oswald may have been a lone wolf. The rifle he used had been traced to an earlier shooting. The conspiracy theories do not make sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom