• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Election 2020 - Interesting Polls

I think that the fiasco of 2016 where indeed a very few votes spelled the difference between a good president and an awful president is going to be on a lot of people's minds. People who stayed home thinking Clinton had it in the bag, or voted for Jill Stein in a fit of spite will think carefully about the choice of perhaps a half a loaf, Sanders, and a warm cow flop, Trump.

There will be voters energized, though possibly reluctantly in states that nearing election day have become swing states. Which may extend to states like Florida and Texas. "Let's go vote and stick it to Trump!". I am very interested in seeing how all of this plays out.

"Anger is an energy! Anger is an energy! "Anger is an energy!"
- Public Image Limited
2020 reminds me of 2012. The previous mid-term election was a landslide against the party in the White House, yet, Obama won reelection with relative ease, though not the same margin as 2008. So anger was there, but it wasn't enough.

This is the most interesting poll, on the topic of interesting polls, from the past week. I say this because not only are news outlets and pundits saying that the combined non-Bernie vote remains higher than the Bernie vote (as if Bernie is competing against a single person named Elizapeto Kolbrengieg), but in last night's debate, the lineup of non-Bernie candidates all confirmed their commitment to overturning the plurality winner at the convention if there is no majority. This is premised on the idea that all of the moderates are interchangeable, and that anyone who likes Pete will be fine with Warren or Amy, but most of all it comes down to the assumption that preferences are cumulative in that way to begin with. This poll, the first of its kind that I have seen, casts that reasoning into doubt.

New Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows Sanders's strength going head-to-head with rivals

condorcet.png

Trump has lost young women voters almost 2 to 1. He has lost college educated suburban women. He is losing independent voter women. And now, older women.

The Hill
In a June 1-2 Hill-HarrisX survey, 62 percent of female registered voters said they were unlikely to support Trump’s bid to obtain a second term. Fifty-three percent said they were very unlikely to back Trump while 9 percent said they were somewhat unlikely. Thirty-eight percent of women who participated said they were likely to back Trump.

These things are not set in stone. They could get very much worse for Orango the Clown by November.

Back
Top Bottom