• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Elon Musk giving away $1 million a day to sign his petition in favor of the 1st and 2nd amendments.

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx

I wish I lived in a swing state, considering I very much agree with both 1st and 2nd Amendments. But Musk's biggest fear is 1 party rule if puppet Harris and her party permanently rig our elections.

Last edited:

I wish I lived in a swing state, considering I very much agree with both 1st and 2nd Amendments. But Musk's biggest fear is 1 party rule if puppet Harris and her party permanently rig our elections.

HAW!!! No one is against voter ID laws, as long as people can have reasonable access to ID. I remember the RVonses of the nation raising hell over the idea of a national ID (which would be useful for elections).

1st amendment is very important and I remember explaining to a Cuban student in college why it was. The 2nd amendment is for people who don't understand that a shed full of guns is useless against an armed drone 10 miles away.

But what bothers me with Musk and the 1st and 2nd Amendment (other than the ignorance many "pro-America" Americans have of the Constitution and Bill of Rights) is that the 4TH AMENDMENT is the most important one. It is the amendment that states that the Government's say-so is not enough to take property, liberty, or life from a person. And Musk and Trump don't care about the 4th because they want to throw whomever out of the country because we should just trust them that they are illegals among other things.

But what bothers me with Musk and the 1st and 2nd Amendment (other than the ignorance many "pro-America" Americans have of the Constitution and Bill of Rights) is that the 4TH AMENDMENT is the most important one. It is the amendment that states that the Government's say-so is not enough to take property, liberty, or life from a person. And Musk and Trump don't care about the 4th because they want to throw whomever out of the country because we should just trust them that they are illegals among other things.
I very much agree with you the 4th Amendment is very important too. I would guess Musk does as well. The federal government should not be allowed to seize assets during a drug raid like they are doing today. Unfortunately, the only states who have any protection at all from federal asset forfeiture are New Mexico, North Carolina, Nebraska, and Maine, as they have completely abolished civil forfeiture, meaning any seizures must be done through a criminal conviction in court, providing the strongest protection for property owners. Liberal California has practically no protection from this at all. Asset forfeiture laws in California are often used by law enforcement to seize all types of property and even money. Asset forfeiture laws allow the government to seize property acquired through criminal activity or used to commit a crime.

I very much agree with you the 4th Amendment is very important too.
It isn't important, it is THE most important. It is the basis, the backbone our judicial system that protects the people from Government hearsay.
I would guess Musk does as well.
Musk is an immigrant. He came here to replace another billionaire who could have run Tesla (with a bit more compassion) to greatness.
The federal government should not be allowed to seize assets during a drug raid like they are doing today.
You are going to notice that a drug raid requires a warrant, right? Property seizure, a warrant. Government can't just do it.

HAW!!! No one is against voter ID laws, as long as people can have reasonable access to ID.
Cite?

1st amendment is very important and I remember explaining to a Cuban student in college why it was. The 2nd amendment is for people who don't understand that a shed full of guns is useless against an armed drone 10 miles away.

But what bothers me with Musk and the 1st and 2nd Amendment (other than the ignorance many "pro-America" Americans have of the Constitution and Bill of Rights) is that the 4TH AMENDMENT is the most important one. It is the amendment that states that the Government's say-so is not enough to take property, liberty, or life from a person.
You talking about the one that says

"No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; ..."?​

That's the 5th. The 4th is the one about search warrants.

the 4TH AMENDMENT is the most important one
Says you. Nobody worries about the 3td Amendment, until the Army comes knocking at their door, demanding free bed and breakfast.
Well, duh! All it says is:

"No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law."​

Why would anyone worry about them being quartered? It's being hanged and drawn that you need to worry about.

Says you. Nobody worries about the 3td Amendment, until the Army comes knocking at their door, demanding free bed and breakfast.

"No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law."​

Why would anyone worry about them being quartered? It's being hanged and drawn that you need to worry about.
Why would I worry about a drawing of a soldier being hung in my home?

Why indeed.
71f4Bvfby3L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

If you hung a soldier in your home, wouldn't somebody having a drawing of it worry you?

HAW!!! No one is against voter ID laws, as long as people can have reasonable access to ID.
Cite?

But what bothers me with Musk and the 1st and 2nd Amendment (other than the ignorance many "pro-America" Americans have of the Constitution and Bill of Rights) is that the 4TH AMENDMENT is the most important one. It is the amendment that states that the Government's say-so is not enough to take property, liberty, or life from a person.
You talking about the one that says

"No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; ..."?​

That's the 5th. The 4th is the one about search warrants.
Did I have a stroke? Are my posts that hard to follow?

HAW!!! No one is against voter ID laws, as long as people can have reasonable access to ID. I remember the RVonses of the nation raising hell over the idea of a national ID (which would be useful for elections).

Would someone please identify the two people in that tweet and shy anyone should take what they allegedly said seriously?

No, just wrong.
Oh thank goodness. Because Rvonse seemed to have no idea what I was talking about and you seemed to have no idea what I was talking about, which made me think maybe it was me, and not other people's ignorance.

Also, the 4th Amendment is the one that matters. The needs to prove aspects of suspicion to even begin to assert any incursion into our privacy. They need to prove to a court that there is reason start with. That the Government can not merely declare it and it becomes truth. The Fifth is very important as well, but it all starts at the Fourth. The first is meaningless without it. And the second is just a stupid ignorant gun tottin' dumb asses wet dream.

And the second is just a stupid ignorant gun tottin' dumb asses wet dream.
It has become that; But really, it's just an outdated idea, that made sense only in the context of the time it was written - just like the 3rd.

The 2nd and 3rd are aimed at avoiding a standing military force, by ceding defence to a "well regulated militia", called to assemble only during time of war, and not inflicting themselves on the public at large during peacetime.

Modern interpretations of the 2nd generally completely disregard the "well regulated" bit, to the detriment of pretty much everyone.

No, just wrong.
Oh thank goodness. Because Rvonse seemed to have no idea what I was talking about and you seemed to have no idea what I was talking about, which made me think maybe it was me, and not other people's ignorance.
You said "No one is against voter ID laws, as long as people can have reasonable access to ID.", and I challenged your assertion. Why you would think I challenged it because I had no idea what you were talking about, rather than because you offered no evidence, is a mystery. The claim is implausible on its face, and even if it's against all odds true, it's not clear how you could possibly know it's true.

Also, the 4th Amendment is the one that matters. The needs to prove aspects of suspicion to even begin to assert any incursion into our privacy. They need to prove to a court that there is reason start with. That the Government can not merely declare it and it becomes truth. The Fifth is very important as well, but it all starts at the Fourth. The first is meaningless without it.
You seem to be distinguishing between "the Government" and "a court". When a judge issues a warrant, that is the Government's say-so being enough to take property or liberty from a person.

And the second is just a stupid ignorant gun tottin' dumb asses wet dream.
The thing to keep in mind is that where the Constitution prohibited the government from doing something, it's rarely because of some stupid ignorant theory of good government; it's generally because Madison et al. were quite familiar with the British government doing that thing. In this case they knew all about James II and his "select militias" -- he tried to arm the segments of the population he thought were politically reliable and disarm the segments that weren't, and Madison et al. wanted to make sure nothing like that happened again. Such concerns are antiquated now, but it was probably a good idea in the 1700s.

Elon Musk, enemy of ‘open borders,’ launched his career working illegally

PALO ALTO, Calif. — Long before he became one of Donald Trump’s biggest donors and campaign surrogates, South African-born Elon Musk worked illegally in the United States as he launched his entrepreneurial career after ditching a graduate studies program in California, according to former business associates, court records and company documents obtained by The Washington Post.

You said "No one is against voter ID laws, as long as people can have reasonable access to ID.", and I challenged your assertion. Why you would think I challenged it because I had no idea what you were talking about, rather than because you offered no evidence, is a mystery. The claim is implausible on its face, and even if it's against all odds true, it's not clear how you could possibly know it's true.
Who Lacks ID in America Today? An Exploration of Voter ID Access, Barriers, and Knowledge

This report presents results from the first public survey in nearly 20 years focused onwho does and does not have various types of government-issued photo identification.1This report also sheds new light on the barriers faced by voting-age citizens in obtainingsuch identification. Lastly, it explores the public’s knowledge of voter ID laws in theirstates for in-person and mail-in voting against a backdrop of states rapidly adding newor stricter voter ID requirements between 2021 and 2023.

VoteRiders, Public Wise, the Center for Democracy and Civic Engagement (CDCE) at theUniversity of Maryland, and the Brennan Center for Justice contracted with SSRS, ahighly regarded survey firm, to obtain a nationally representative sample of the U.S.adult citizen population. The sample of 2,386 respondents was drawn from SSRS’sprobability panel and a random sample of known pre-paid cellular phone numbers.Included in the sample are oversamples of 18-24-year-olds, Black respondents, Hispanicrespondents, Black and Hispanic 18-24-year olds, and individuals with income less than$30,000 per year. The survey was fielded 9/12/23 - 10/4/23. All of the results below areweighted. Population count estimates are based on data from the US Census.2 Asummary of the main results follows.Nearly 21 million voting-age U.S. citizens do not have a c

Back
Top Bottom