• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Emailgate - Uh Oh. None Dare Call it Conspiracy?

maxparrish

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Libertarian-Conservative, Agnostic.
Inquiring Minds Want to Know...did the recent release (at 1:30 am) by the State Department Just Provide a Conspiracy Smoking Gun?

The investigation grinds on, with the illegal harboring of 1000-1200 classified documents stored on Hillary's private system. Here-to-fore, Hillary's defense has shifted from maintaining there were "no classified documents" to "no known or marked classified documents" . Lame as those defenses are for her intentional flaunting of federal law, there was a curious aspect to the documents ...how is it that all those sent to Hillary by her staff were unmarked?

Several months ago one journalist suggested that she must have signaled State Department employees to send the classified material without markings; it couldn't have been a giant coincidence and Hillary must have known. Now a newly released email show's Hillary instructing a State employee to strip classification markings before faxing since a secure fax could not be located.

“If they can’t, turn (it) into nonpaper with no identifying heading and send (it) nonsecure.” Aside from the fact that she gave an order to violate the handling of classified material, it is now clear that Hillary was aware of marking issues and it suggests that the many other instances where this occurred was due to her direction.

Last summer, the the intelligence community inspector general, noted that someone tampered with a particular email message. “omewhere between the point they came into the building and the time they reached HRC’s server, someone would have had to strip the classification markings from that information before it was transmitted to HRC’s personal email.”

The official said doing so would “constitute a felony, in and of itself. I can’t imagine that a rank-and-file career DOS employee would have done this, so it was most likely done by someone in her inner circle.”

It seems that if Hillary is not indicted for conspiracy it’s because Lynch at the DOJ doesn’t want her indicted. We shall see...

Drip...drip...drip...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ils-contains-66-more-classified-messages.html
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...e-stripped-email-classification-markings.html

Hey, wasn't she already supposed to be in jail at this point?

Why the fuck would anyone want to look at this nonsense for the thousandth time?

It is partisan distraction from a group of Republicans that are an embarrassment, nothing else.

Why the fuck would anyone want to look at this nonsense for the thousandth time?
It shows her utter unsuitableness for presidency.
60113183.jpg

2015-03-06-110c03c2_large.jpg

It is partisan distraction from a group of Republicans that are an embarrassment, nothing else.
It is her defenders who are partisan.
Bernie also has shown that he doesn't have the killer instinct to go after Hillary on her "damn emails".
CT55lwWWoAAgCKB.jpg

26972380.jpg

It seems pretty clear the pattern is established. Hillary defenders will be dismissive of Hillary's acts unless and until charges or other sanctions are brought. Only kink in their "Bengazzzzziii11!" outlook is the FBI seems to be conducting a serious investigation and at some point I imagine will make its findings public.

I'm a Bernie fan, any truth to these allallegations helps "my guy"

They still sound like bullshit

As the evidence for substantial and serious violations of federal law are no longer in dispute, the only two questions that remain are how bad can it get and if the corruption of the DOJ has gotten to the point that NO amount of evidence of serious wrong doing will matter. When dealing with the Holder legacy of the most politicized and corrupted department since John Mitchell, I am not optimistic.

Were this being investigated by a special prosecutor's office, there would be indictments spilling from the over-stuffed prosecutor briefcases. In any case, its far from over. Two days ago the State Department Inspector General reminded the public that they are STILL probing Hillary's email system and actions.

In sum, a new report accused the department of giving “inaccurate and incomplete” responses to FOIA requests; they report that senior executives knew about Hillary’s secret system but covered it up. They charged that the State Department of engaged in lying about whether or not they bothered to look at all for the records being requested.

Two years before the public learned of Hillary Clinton’s private server, the State Department gave an “inaccurate and incomplete” response about her email use when it told an outside group that it had no documents about Clinton’s email accounts beyond her government address, according to a report from the State Department’s inspector general to be released Thursday.

The State Department made its statement in response to a 2012 records request from the independent watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW). The response came even though Clinton’s chief of staff, who knew about the secretary’s private account, was aware of the inquiry, the report says. In addition, the IG review found that agency staffers had not searched Clinton’s office for emails.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?postshare=1991452136235762&tid=ss_tw

The incident was one of four cases that the report highlights as examples of flawed responses to public-records requests made while Clinton was in office.

In addition to the FBI probe, the State Department inspector general, Steve Linick, indicated that his work is not done. His office is preparing an additional report that could touch even more directly on Clinton’s conduct — examining the use of personal email and its effect on the department’s compliance with its duty to preserve records.

The saga continues...

The saga continues...
And nobody cares...

Least the voters come this November.

I care...Trump will care...and it will be a campaign issue. The only question remains, with the FBI and DOJ care? My guess is that, at the very least, a few Clinton aides will take the fall...but it is very feasible that Hillary may be held accountable.

I have no illusions when it comes to the the Washington establishments protection of their own, nor of the the compliant media's backing of Hilllary when push comes to shove. But there is also a hope that a few of the Democratic party hacks might do the right thing without the need of an independent prosecutor.

Huh? The FBI and two Obama administration inspectors General are running this investigation.

Are you so much a partisan hack that you discount them?

Do you not actually believe she sent/received over a thousands of classified emails on a private unsecured server?

Huh? The FBI and two Obama administration inspectors General are running this investigation.

Do you not actually believe she sent/received over a thousands of classified emails on a private unsecured server?
Where do you get "thousands"? The Fox News article in the OP says there were 66 emails that contained information that has since been classified, and none of it was at the time when they were sent.

What harm has been done and to whom?

When there is a specific answer to these questions, and not a bunch of nonsense about "national security", that excuse for all kinds of malfeasance, I will care.

And nobody cares...

Least the voters come this November.

I care...

But you don't matter. You wouldn't vote for her if all her dealings were squeaky clean and her last name was "Paul". This issue is old and complicated. Voters want to know what the President will do, not that something at sometime, if looked at in the right way might technically have been across an arbitrary line.

Where do you get "thousands"? The Fox News article in the OP says there were 66 emails that contained information that has since been classified, and none of it was at the time when they were sent.

This is not a fact in dispute:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/state-dept-to-miss-target-in-clinton-email-release-217255

She sent over a thousand confidential emails on her private unsecured server.

To answer the OP question - everyone in the conservative loonisphere calls anything associated with the name "Clinton" a conspiracy.

This is not a fact in dispute:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/state-dept-to-miss-target-in-clinton-email-release-217255

She sent over a thousand confidential emails on her private unsecured server.
Thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize the 66 emails referred to in the OP are only from the latest batch that was released. It is a huge blunder, but given that nobody seems to have questioned the practice it seems to have been a flaw in State Department security policy. Sounds more like laziness than a conspiracy.

Back
Top Bottom