• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Everyone Gets a Gun

"We can't fathom a world where we would treat guns as a need".

Who wants to live in a world where guns are a need? I'd rather live in a world where they are useful tools, but not actually necessary for survival.

I got as far as 'knowledge is dangerous' and lost interest.
the analogy might have had more appeal if Oswald had been throwing textbooks from the School Book Depository.

Is this satire? Is there a POE equivalent for gun enthusiasts?

Never mind, I just had a look at a few more videos. For someone outside of the US this is just another reminder of how fucking insane the gun culture there really is when viewed through the eyes of the all out proponents. I am not actually against responsible gun ownership, but that descriptor does even remotely fit the American situation.

The strange thing is that there are a huge number of Americans that would view this video and wholeheartedly agree, despite the products in question being lethal weapons. Lethal weapons that studies show are correlated all over the world with violent death and misery when not strictly controlled. A large percentage of these same Americans would probably be aghast at a similar video advocating unrestricted availability of marijuana, a harmless plant. (Yes I am aware there is no constitutional right to cannabis) The diversity of people's priorities is a source of endless bewilderment.

"We can't fathom a world where we would treat guns as a need".

Who wants to live in a world where guns are a need? I'd rather live in a world where they are useful tools, but not actually necessary for survival.
That means you support FULL GUN CONFISCATION, A POLICE STATE AND "ETHNIC RAPE GANGS".

Only because we cannot have a rational discussion about firearms.

ZARDOZ Speaks.

Ridiculous, people who don't want to use guns shouldn't be forced to have them. I don't think that law abiding citizens should be forbidden from owning guns, but if they use them irresponsibly there should be legal penalties for doing so.

Gun sales are up (thanks to having Obama in the White House) but gun ownership is at its lowest point in four decades. This is not good for gun manufacturers. Obama will only be in office for a few more years and guns just are not appealing to many people these days so the only answer is to make people buy guns, by law.

Gun sales are up (thanks to having Obama in the White House) but gun ownership is at its lowest point in four decades. This is not good for gun manufacturers.

Yep. That's why their lobbying arm is pushing this ridiculous idea that everyone needs guns. Not just one, but a whole lot.

But if we were to extrapolate this specious argument presented in the video, then voluntary military service must give way to mandatory service. We "need" a national defense just as much as we "need" guns, so compulsory military service should be next up on their agenda.

We also "need" infrastructure every bit as much as we need national defense and guns, so after your service in the armed forces, you should be required to work on a road gang building or repairing highways and bridges. Bring your gun if you'd like.

While we're at it, we "need" people working in government at all levels, so if we're going to require gun ownership, military service, and maintaining the country's infrastructure, maybe we should also require public service in government as well.

We should have a needs based gun policy instead of treating guns "as something that is dangerous."

It is getting to be impossible to satirize these people, they have built for themselves a world of unrelenting, unintentional self-parody.

Gun sales are up (thanks to having Obama in the White House) but gun ownership is at its lowest point in four decades. This is not good for gun manufacturers. Obama will only be in office for a few more years and guns just are not appealing to many people these days so the only answer is to make people buy guns, by law.
It's long range strategic planning. Billy Bob's armory is stuffed to the gills. They need to expand their customer base by hook or by crook.

We should have a needs based gun policy instead of treating guns "as something that is dangerous."

It is getting to be impossible to satirize these people, they have built for themselves a world of unrelenting, unintentional self-parody.
Oh, I don't know.

Now then, everyone should not have to own a gun but everyone should know about gun safety, especially our precious little ones, and you cannot be taught gun safety without handling the weapon. We teach our children about fire safety, bicycle safety, etc. Why, we'd be irresponsible not to teach them firearm safety. [Can you see them bobbin' their heads up and down saying: "Yep, that's right."?]

Every public school could have an armory. It'd be just like handing out kick balls at recess 'cept Sally straps her Glock on for small arms training. Get them pigtails out of your face! Actually, two armories would be best for when the school is under attack. Gotta have a secondary point of issue in case the point of assault is near the primary. Staff administrative personnel would go to the designated point of issue then sweep the halls for intruders while the classrooms are in lockdown with a well armed teacher.

God Bless

Back
Top Bottom