• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Everything is racist.

She's adding a 'cultural appropriation' angle in an attempt to morally shame them, as if it were these 'pretentious foodies' that carry the sin of telling her childhood self that her house smelled of 'Chinese grossness'.

I didn't interpret it that way. Rather, the act of attempting to appear worldly by eating ethnic food is deserving of ridicule, especially from the point of view of someone who grew up with those ethnic foods as family staples. It's ironic that two people in the same city can eat the same food, and one considers it worldly while the other considers it homely.

Except her claim that "foodies" eat these things just to "feel worldly" is idiotic, false, and without a shred of rational support. They eat it because they like it. Yes, there are trends in food, like everything else, and some mindless people just jump in line no matter what the line is for. But that isn't at all tied to it being ethnic food.

The author herself is far more shallow and pretentious than the foodies she ridicules.

Oh and she's also a racist. She's mad because some white people ridicule and fear the foods of her heritage, while completely different people who also happen to be white embrace it and what to eat and incorporate it flavors into novel combinations. Her anger comes from her racist notion that this is some form of hypocrisy, which it only is if all white people are the same person.

Last edited:

But what should or could be done?

As a fattie, it's hurtful to see 'no fatties' on a profile, and so it would be the same for any other marginalised category because you see it over and over (I've never seen 'no muscle twinks' on a profile). I think it's hurtful and gauche to state preferences as plainly as that, but not stating them merely leads people to message people who they've got no hope with, and possibly get an even more hurtful reasponse.

(I once messaged someone with the word 'Hi' and his reply was 'No.' I'd have been less upset if he'd had 'no fatties' on his profile rather than getting that reply).

Okay, let me restate then, if someone refuses to date blacks, that is racism.

What if it's because they're only attracted to Asian chicks?

Being attracted to asian chicks is a choice, not something they're born with. If parents are worried about their teenaged sons only being attracted to asian chicks, there are various reorientation camps that they can be sent to where they're whipped with a belt to beat the yellow fever out and then forced to masturbate to pictures of ladies from a broad range of nationalities in order to become more politically correct in their attractions.

Is being attracted to long legged,big breasted blondes racist? If so, then I'm a racist! :)

It depends on if you'd date Rupaul.

Long legged big breasted blondes is not a race so I think you're cool on that one. However if you exclude long legged big breasted blond(e) dudes (and transgenders) you maybe a homophobe (and a transgenderophobe).

I can run it by the people who decide what we all find offensive if you like.

Okay, let me restate then, if someone refuses to date blacks, that is racism.

Then why is categorically refusing to date a particular gender not sexism?

lol both of the above quotes made me chuckle. It is only racist not to date blacks if you don't want to date them because you think there is something wrong with dating blacks. If you'd feel no shame in it but merely don't find black (or substitute any other race or other trait here) people attractive, that isn't racism. You are not a bigot for getting a woody when you see this girl and not that guy.

Sorry, but I must disagree. One can have racial preferences without it being racism. You will find a correlation between racist attitudes and racial preferences because racists will almost certainly have racial preferences but that doesn't prove that all racial preferences are due to racism.

I believe only a small proportion of the population are racist. Most don't like certain people for what they are, not the colour of their skin.

Back
Top Bottom