• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Evolution by Carl Bergstrom and Lee Dugatkin

BH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Muslim
This is a university textbook I bought used on Alibris. Right now I'm about half way through it and I've really enjoyed it. Yeah, it's a college textbook but I guess I find it fascinating because the information I'm learning is so new and not what I regularly like to read and study.

one quick question. Have recent discoveries explained why isochores and limited mostly to tetrapods vertebrates?

This is a university textbook I bought used on Alibris. Right now I'm about half way through it and I've really enjoyed it. Yeah, it's a college textbook but I guess I find it fascinating because the information I'm learning is so new and not what I regularly like to read and study.

one quick question. Have recent discoveries explained why isochores and limited mostly to tetrapods vertebrates?
Yeah; It's because they only existed in the imaginations of Molecular Biologists who should have been more skeptical of the brilliance of their own hypotheses.

When full mammalian genome sequences became available, it became clear that GC isochores were not a real attribute of such genomes.

Yeah; It's because they only existed in the imaginations of Molecular Biologists who should have been more skeptical of the brilliance of their own hypotheses.

When full mammalian genome sequences became available, it became clear that GC isochores were not a real attribute of such genomes.
Follow up on Bilby post.
ijms-23-06558-v2.pd

Slaying (Yet Again) the Brain-Eating Zombie Called the “Isochore Theory”: A Segmentation Algorithm Used to “Confirm” the Existence of Isochores Creates “Isochores” Where None Exist

Attachments

• ijms-23-06558-v2.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Thanks. I dont know why but when that was mentioned in the book it stood out and peaked my curiousity.

Back
Top Bottom