• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Explanation of unbundleling Cable Channels

How about instead you read through the thread, and tell me exactly how many posts indicate that they want the government to intervene in bundling. When you find that there are exactly none, you can then count the number of posts that even mention it from one side or another (not counting any of the posts in our little sidebar here). You might find a handful, but I think it will become apparent that they are in no way the focus of this thread.

Well, this is a political discussion forum not a what is the best way to sell cable products discussion forum. First clue there.

Second clue, the "right wing position" was defined somewhere early on as more or less "letting the cable companies do what they want" (see post 42 for example) so presumably the other side of the argument is not letting the cable companies do what they want.

Third clue is the various posters hurling invective for the rigthwingers and their free market positions. (see posts 88 and 89 for examples.) What is the opposite of free market positions again? Government intervention, I think.

But even with all that I'm still willing to put it out there as a direct question.

Is there no one here who thinks the government ought to do something about this bundling issue?

Is everyone content to let the enfettered market participants sort this out?

Because if there isn't we can probably move this whole discussion out of the politics forum and into the best-ways-to market-cable-channels forum.

So, you couldn't find anyone who posted in support of government intervention in cable bundling. You could have just said that instead of waving your hands about furiously.

Well, this is a political discussion forum not a what is the best way to sell cable products discussion forum. First clue there.

Second clue, the "right wing position" was defined somewhere early on as more or less "letting the cable companies do what they want" (see post 42 for example) so presumably the other side of the argument is not letting the cable companies do what they want.

Third clue is the various posters hurling invective for the rigthwingers and their free market positions. (see posts 88 and 89 for examples.) What is the opposite of free market positions again? Government intervention, I think.

But even with all that I'm still willing to put it out there as a direct question.

Is there no one here who thinks the government ought to do something about this bundling issue?

Is everyone content to let the enfettered market participants sort this out?

Because if there isn't we can probably move this whole discussion out of the politics forum and into the best-ways-to market-cable-channels forum.

So, you couldn't find anyone who posted in support of government intervention in cable bundling. You could have just said that instead of waving your hands about furiously.

You didn't read the posts I suggested did you?

You would not call this a post in support of government involvement?

Because unbundling is government regulation to ensure a free and functional market. While right-wingers in theory support a free market, in practice their ranks are swelled by small-government conservatives, who hate government more than they like a functional free market. Similarly, while left wingers like to support minority interests, they tend to me more keen on freedom of choice.

Back
Top Bottom