• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fairy seen in England

Dog farts, owner lights match... and it's dizzy new-agers going bonkers for months.

Poorly done Photoshop, that's weak even for the Daily Fail.

Look carefully at that image, specifically the focus. Look at the upper right, the distant flowers. They are in sharp focus. Look at the bottom right, note how blurred the flowers are?

Since the center of the shot isn't in focus I can only figure this is a cheap camera that doesn't actually focus, but rather uses a fixed lens set for the hyperfocal distance for whatever it's aperture is. (Alternative explanations are manual focus done wrong and a deliberate choosing of the wrong focal point. I find the latter hypothesis inconsistent with the poor composition. The former would be possible with an antique camera.)

Now consider the "fairy". How far from the camera is it? It's flying so it's got to be closer to the camera than what's behind it. However, what's behind it is out of focus and we have already established that the focal point is set behind the scene--the fairy should be more out of focus than the ground behind the fairy, yet the fairy is in perfect focus. That leaves the only thing that makes any sense to me is that the fairy isn't in the image in the first place.

Conceivably it's something in the camera but something on the sensor should make black, not white. Thus I'm left with the conclusion that it was added in post-production.

Dog farts, owner lights match... and it's dizzy new-agers going bonkers for months.
fart-meme.jpg

Looks like a fairy about to go into meltdown. Didn't know they were nuclear powered.

Its s bug close to the camera that became overexposed due to the flash.

Back
Top Bottom