• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Federal judge issues ruling saying he can’t trust AG Bill Barr’s Department of Justice

ZiprHead

Substitute Looney
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/federal-judge-issues-ruling-saying-he-can-not-trust-ag-bill-barrs-department-of-justice/

The Trump administration’s habit of constantly lying has cost the Department of Justice credibility with at least one federal judge.

US District Judge Reggie Walton on Thursday issued a ruling saying he would personally review the redactions in the Mueller report.

Before the redacted copy of the report was released, Attorney General William Barr issued a “summary” of the report’s findings. When the redacted report was released, it became clear that Barr had grossly misled the American people.

The judge cited Barr’s credibility gap in his ruling.

“The actions of Attorney General Barr and his representations about the Mueller Report preclude the Court’s acceptance of the validity of the Department’s redactions without its independent verification,” Walton wrote. “The court will conduct an independent review of the unredacted version of the Mueller Report to determine whether it concurs with the Department’s determination.”

More in the link.

Not much more at the link... but this is verrrry interesting.
S'pose he finds (as one would expect) that the Mueller Report does NOT concur with Toadie Barr's spinjob. So what? I don't see any recourse mentioned. Republicans can simply say they "respectfully disagree", right?

S'pose he finds (as one would expect) that the Mueller Report does NOT concur with Toadie Barr's spinjob. So what? I don't see any recourse mentioned. Republicans can simply say they "respectfully disagree", right?

Not to overuse an underused provision.. but he can be impeached and removed from his position... and removed from the Bar Association so that he is unable to practice law anywhere ever again if an ethics violation in involved.

We already know that Barr spun it. We could easily read between the lines. Mueller provided Congress a document to impeach Trump. I’m not expecting anything too sexy in there that Mueller would include that’d be so upfront.

Back
Top Bottom