• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Fifty Five states

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CesHr99ezWE
I have been working on a flag.
No vote.Token reps in congress.
Is it time for 55 states?

Actually its time to cut the useless territories loose and let them sink or swim on their own.

THEN, we need to make our national map prettier by dividing the country into neater blocks.

how_to7.gif

After a slight adjustment to include slivers in Ariz. and N.M. I count 24 States. Grid-states are much neater than the sloppy historical borders. All state names will be changed to grid block numbers...e.g..."the State of 18S."

Last edited:

Actually its time to cut the useless territories loose and let them sink or swim on their own.

THEN, we need to make our national map prettier by dividing the country into neater blocks.

how_to7.gif

After a slight adjustment to include slivers in Ariz. and N.M. I count 24 States. Grid-states are much neater than the sloppy historical borders. All state names will be changed to grid block numbers...e.g..."the State of 18S."

So then you think we ought to just cut them loose from the greatest nation on earth? Are these people just too alien for you or what? These territories have be very usefull to the U.S. or they would not have been kept all this time.

how_to7.gif

So then you think we ought to just cut them loose from the greatest nation on earth? Are these people just too alien for you or what? These territories have be very usefull to the U.S. or they would not have been kept all this time.

They are no longer useful. They are mostly parasites supported by the American citizenry. Give them all suits, each 40 dollars in cash, and bid them farewell.

They are no longer useful. They are mostly parasites supported by the American citizenry. Give them all suits, each 40 dollars in cash, and bid them farewell.

The same can be said of many of the current 50 states, most of them Republican strongholds.

1 in 8 Guamanians serve in the US military, getting shit wages in return for their lives, and Guam gets much less per verteran VA funds than any US state.
Guam remains among the most vital and increasingly used military outposts the US has.

If the US cuts Guam loose, then we should allow Guam to seize all lands held by U.S. military, non-Guamanians, and US corporations, plus get compensation for 100+ years of control and destruction of the villages and local economy that was their previously. We cannot desimate a society, make it dependent upon us, then just walk away without aiding in their transition back to non-military economy.

how_to7.gif

Michigan and Ohio together in one? Blasphemy! Go Blue!

As a Floridian, I like this grid plan because Florida gets to keep almost all of its integrity. We'd take on a little of Georgia, but very little. We'd lose some of the Panhandle region, but that's no great loss. Actually, looking at the map (I can't tell for sure), it looks a lot like Tallahassee is in that region and therefore we'd need a new state capital; but any fan of the Florida Gators will be really eager to banish Tallahassee to another state. And actually, grid 16R may have so little land that it would be treated as more of a sliver like Arizona and New Mexico, and so Tally and the rest of the Panhandle would get to be part of the Florida and its grid 17R. And in a situation like this, everyone would just call it "Florida" or "the Florida grid," even if it's officially called by a name as colorless as "17R" or "Airstrip One."

One of the advantages of this kind of fun simplification is that we would probably also get rid of Alaska and Hawaii. But then, Alaska and Hawaii are both quite useful; Alaska for its natural resources, and Hawaii for its tourism. And the point is that the territories can also be just as useful, if unrecognized, like Guam and its military value. In fact, it seems like the reason why Alaska and Hawaii became states, and Guam and Puerto Rico didn't, is just because the latter territories have too many people who don't speak English. By this criterion, even Hawaii was a little lucky to make the cut, and it didn't make it until the fifties.

Back
Top Bottom