• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Filipinos Celebrated Easter by Crucifying a Bunch of People Again

NobleSavage

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
The annual ritual, which draws crowds of spectators to the streets of San Fernando, a city 50 miles north of Manila, feels like the movies. Except, it’s all real — straight from the Roman costumes and down to the real nails being hammered into real human hands.

Those who volunteered to be crucified — 20 people this year, including one Danish visitor — hung on the crosses for about 10 minutes, before being treated by nearby medics.

Some people get really into it. Danilo Ramos told Reuters it was his 23rd time being crucified.

"I will do it as long as my body will allow me," he said, "I hope God will see my sacrifice and take good care of my family."

https://news.vice.com/articles/filipinos-celebrated-easter-by-crucifying-a-bunch-of-people-again

Fucking stupid!

Man.
Three days without masturbating. Not sure i hold ANY ideal high enough to submit to that.

Always look on the bright side of life

Man.
Three days without masturbating. Not sure i hold ANY ideal high enough to submit to that.

Don't worry, the article says they only hung there for about 10 minutes before they got taken down.

Yeah, but once that nail is taken out, you gotta think any responsible medical professional will advise them to stay off their hands for a while...

If only so the bandages don't get sticky.

Back
Top Bottom