• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Found after 500 years, the wreck of Christopher Columbus’s flagship the Santa Maria

NobleSavage

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
More than five centuries after Christopher Columbus’s flagship, the Santa Maria, was wrecked in the Caribbean, archaeological investigators think they may have discovered the vessel’s long-lost remains – lying at the bottom of the sea off the north coast of Haiti. It’s likely to be one of the world’s most important underwater archaeological discoveries.

“All the geographical, underwater topography and archaeological evidence strongly suggests that this wreck is Columbus’ famous flagship, the Santa Maria,” said the leader of a recent reconnaissance expedition to the site, one of America’s top underwater archaeological investigators, Barry Clifford.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...lumbuss-flagship-the-santa-maria-9359330.html

I think this is cool.

It is cool. I just recently found out that the name of another of Columbus' ships, La Pinta did not refer to paint on a ship, more like paint (cosmetics) on a woman the type of which was certainly not "saintly". :cool:

Have they PROVED that the wreck is not Noah's Ark? I thought the Book of Mormon shows conclusively that the Ark made a round trip to Cancun.

Back
Top Bottom