• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Game of Thrones - Season ... umm whatever it is now

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
So episode two came out. I liked the first episode, ties up a few loose ends I cared about. Second episode, I don't know. It just doesn't feel right. Way too many things changing up at the same time. Or not enough happening.

And I'm sick of watching episodes wondering, "Should I know who this person is?"

So episode two came out. I liked the first episode, ties up a few loose ends I cared about. Second episode, I don't know. It just doesn't feel right. Way too many things changing up at the same time. Or not enough happening.

And I'm sick of watching episodes wondering, "Should I know who this person is?"
LOL! I read the books so I recognized the characters right away. I think they are setting up the stage for Theon's return home to Pike (since Uncle psycho just murdered his father, Baylon Greyjoy). It will differ from the book but I think that's why they pulled that in.

I thought the resurrection scene could have been done better. Since only death pays for life, it should have ended with Melissandra jumping from the wall in defeat - THEN Jon Snow taking the breath. The way they did it felt cheap and contrived. I think Bran and the Raven will do well to add back story (and I'm guessing it will be about Jon's parentage).

There's only 10 episodes a season so they have to move it along rather quickly. With so many stories happening at once it's hard to stay connected to any one group of characters (for instance I love Arya, always have...but I'm kind of bored with her assassin's training. Same with Bran. And what the hell happened to Rickon?

Still...I will watch to the end. :)

Thanks for filling a little bit there. Makes sense with Theon, but they could have put one major death in one episode, another in the following. Too many deaths in this show, it becomes a bit like 24 after a while. You shouldn't be able to anticipate it. And Mr. Dead Giant Ubersoldat going from pub to pub to see if someone is bad mouthing mummy?

The whole Snow thing was done wrong. It was so anti-climatic in the end. Or maybe the fact that they telegraphed it happening, ruined it.

There's only 10 episodes a season so they have to move it along rather quickly. With so many stories happening at once it's hard to stay connected to any one group of characters
And that is with them cutting out so many subplots and events from the book to fit it all in.

I thought the resurrection scene could have been done better. Since only death pays for life, it should have ended with Melissandra jumping from the wall in defeat - THEN Jon Snow taking the breath.
Its never been established that resurrection requires anothers death. The brothers without banners was our first into to resurrection and no one was sacrificed for him. You're getting that line from the witch that killed Khal Drogo. She was clearly scamming and just wanted revenge so she cursed Khalesi's unborn child and made Drogo a vegetable.

I enjoyed the first couple of seasons of this show, but ultimately, even with all that happened, nothing really HAPPENED. There are too many sloooow story arcs. The Whitewalkers took forever to manifest and invade. Danerys the Dragon lady is STILL wandering aimlessly and not coming over to claim the crown, etc.

LOL! I read the books so I recognized the characters right away. I think they are setting up the stage for Theon's return home to Pike (since Uncle psycho just murdered his father, Baylon Greyjoy). It will differ from the book but I think that's why they pulled that in.

I thought the resurrection scene could have been done better. Since only death pays for life, it should have ended with Melissandra jumping from the wall in defeat - THEN Jon Snow taking the breath. The way they did it felt cheap and contrived. I think Bran and the Raven will do well to add back story (and I'm guessing it will be about Jon's parentage).

There's only 10 episodes a season so they have to move it along rather quickly. With so many stories happening at once it's hard to stay connected to any one group of characters (for instance I love Arya, always have...but I'm kind of bored with her assassin's training. Same with Bran. And what the hell happened to Rickon?

Still...I will watch to the end. :)
I forgot exactly how they handled it in the series, but in the books, Osha takes Rickon after Winterfell falls to the Boltons. In the books, Davos is actually sent to find him and has been led to believe he is on the Island of Skagos, an island whose inhabitants are notorious for being no better than wildlings.

There's only 10 episodes a season so they have to move it along rather quickly. With so many stories happening at once it's hard to stay connected to any one group of characters
And that is with them cutting out so many subplots and events from the book to fit it all in.
Well, maybe they shouldn't have done all that cutting in past seasons since now, I gather, at least some of the storylines are ahead of the book series.
Jon Snow should a) never have been killed or b) having been killed, should never have been brought back from the dead.
The Aryah subplot so fr this season is tedious and silly.
I would like to see a the plot to take a turn of conflict between Melissandre (or whatever her name is) and the religious fanatic who's now got the whip hand in King's Landing.

Back
Top Bottom