• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

George Carlin Speaks for Me On Religion

I like how the audience roars its approval of his "Religion is bullshit" bit. I know his audience self-selects as sarcastic and skeptical, but it's still something to see a roomful of Americans cheering on an atheist/agnostic comic. Sam Kinison used to get the same reaction when he went on, at great and most blasphemous length, on Mr. Christ. (Kinison had an hysterical routine about a Mrs. Christ who was filled with resentment when hubby didn't come home until the end of Passion Week. Hysterical to me, anyway.)

Yeah, I miss that guy. Really wish he was around for the Trump presidency but I probably wouldn't have survived the laughter so it's all good.

I like how the audience roars its approval of his "Religion is bullshit" bit. I know his audience self-selects as sarcastic and skeptical, but it's still something to see a roomful of Americans cheering on an atheist/agnostic comic. Sam Kinison used to get the same reaction when he went on, at great and most blasphemous length, on Mr. Christ. (Kinison had an hysterical routine about a Mrs. Christ who was filled with resentment when hubby didn't come home until the end of Passion Week. Hysterical to me, anyway.)

"So where have YOU been, Mr. Wine maker?"

An irritating teenage "edgelord" before his time, and thus grandfathered in as the socially acceptable example of politically incorrect humor.

An irritating teenage "edgelord" before his time, and thus grandfathered in as the socially acceptable example of politically incorrect humor.

That's something George definitely would say.

Back
Top Bottom