• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ginsburg has passed!!

Well, I'm sure that the republican-held Senate will wait until "the people has spoken" before confirming Trump's appointment to replace here like they did last time. :rolleyes:

Shit. I was hoping she could hold out just a few more months.

We're done.

Not just ideological bias.

The election will likely go to the court in some parts.

FUCK. Moscow Mitch will certainly change his tune and ram through some Trump asshole despite his tune 4 years ago.

We are fucked. F-u-c-k-e-d.
I knew that, even if Trump lost and she died on, say, Nov.15, that they'd ram through another goddamn right wing judge before Jan.
Goodbye, Supreme Court, in my lifetime.
Goodbye citizen rights vs. corporate 'rights'.
Goodbye women's reproductive autonomy vs. the all-important sensibility of bishops or evangelicals.
Goodbye voting protections.
Goodbye civil rights protections.
Goodbye defendants' rights (at least the death penalty can still be opposed on a state by state basis.)
Goodbye (probably) sensible restraint on the executive branch.

FUCK. Moscow Mitch will certainly change his tune and ram through some Trump asshole despite his tune 4 years ago.

Hate to be the one to tell you, but they already have chosen their nominee, have already secured almost all of the votes they need, and honestly the only thing left to do is watch them pretend they haven't. There are already cases lined up to knock down abortion rights, voting rights, and yeah...they've probably got a plan for if/when Trump loses the popular/electoral vote.

America...it was fun while it lasted.

We are fucked. F-u-c-k-e-d.
I knew that, even if Trump lost and she died on, say, Nov.15, that they'd ram through another goddamn right wing judge before Jan.
Goodbye, Supreme Court, in my lifetime.
Goodbye citizen rights vs. corporate 'rights'.
Goodbye women's reproductive autonomy vs. the all-important sensibility of bishops or evangelicals.
Goodbye voting protections.
Goodbye civil rights protections.
Goodbye defendants' rights (at least the death penalty can still be opposed on a state by state basis.)
Goodbye (probably) sensible restraint on the executive branch.

Yep. But maybe the meme that there is no difference between dems and republicans will go away. But yea, we're hosed.

Senator Murkowski of Alaska, Republican, apparently has stated that she would not confirm a replacement until after the presidential inauguration.

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1307114021498294275

ETA: Apparently the original tweeter amended her statement, so that Murkowski would not confirm a replacement until after the election. No big difference if Trump wins, potentially one if Biden does.

Senator Murkowski of Alaska, Republican, apparently has stated that she would not confirm a replacement until after the presidential inauguration.

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1307114021498294275

Well, that's nice. And after Antonin Scalia passed away in February 2016, Murkowski initially supported proceeding with hearings for Obama's pick, Merrick Garland. But then in April, she decided to "let the people decide" and dropped her support for the Senate to do its Constitutionally-mandated job.[1]

I hope she can maintain her backbone this time for just four months.

[1] https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/03/...tors-revoke-support-for-garland-hearings.html

Murkowski (stated at the moment), Collins, and Romney. Is there one more? No SCOTUS justice has ever been put on the Bench with the VP's vote. The GOP would do it, of course.

I also don't believe in coincidence. The callousness of Trump and the GOP knows no end.

article (Sept 10th) said:
Washington — President Trump on Wednesday announced a new slate of 20 potential nominees to the Supreme Court in the event of a vacancy in his second term in office — or the remainder of his first term — building on a key issue that mobilized conservative voters to support him in 2016 and that has been a major achievement of his presidency for Republicans. The 20 names he listed Wednesday are additions to an original list that has been updated throughout his presidency.

Fuck em all. Have Biden pick two more nominations to the court. There is nothing that says the court is limited to nine seats.

Back
Top Bottom