• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Giuliani: We're going to overthrow Iran regime

Axulus

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Right leaning skeptic
“I don’t know when we’re going to overthrow them,” Giuliani told the Iran Uprising Summit held by the Organization of Iranian-American Communities, which opposes Tehran’s government.

“It could be in a few days, months, a couple of years. But it’s going to happen,” Giuliani said, according to Reuters.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...not-seeking-regime-change-anywhere-2018-09-23

Anyone want to bet the orange turd is demanding regime change and Giuliani is just parroting his boss' message? Just like he wanted in Venezuela. This con man is just itching to start a war.

Is that part of Trump's legal strategy, or why is Giuliani even commenting on that?

why is that senile buffoon even presuming he is authorized to comment on foreign policy?
because it's the legal strategy. Start a popular war, win easily, become a hero.
Then even a Democrat congress won't dare convict.
Or, second best, the war drags out, and he pulls a Roosevelt, saying you can't change horses midstream, stays in office for a decade.

“I don’t know when we’re going to overthrow them,” Giuliani told the Iran Uprising Summit held by the Organization of Iranian-American Communities, which opposes Tehran’s government.

“It could be in a few days, months, a couple of years. But it’s going to happen,” Giuliani said, according to Reuters.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...not-seeking-regime-change-anywhere-2018-09-23

Anyone want to bet the orange turd is demanding regime change and Giuliani is just parroting his boss' message? Just like he wanted in Venezuela. This con man is just itching to start a war.

There's another factor at work as well. John Bolton. The man has had a hard on for invading Iran since the 90s, and now he's Trump's National Security Advisor. Trump likely doesn't know the implications of starting a war with Iran. Bolton knows, but like with Iraq, he just doesn't care.

I think I agree with Ford more here. Bolton does want war with Iran (Netanyahu too if we do his dirty work). I don't think DT cares that much as long as he doesn't look bad. IMO Giuliani is probably floating this issue to gauge public reaction.

Jebus I'm falling behind. When did Giuliani become the Secretary of State?

why is that senile buffoon even presuming he is authorized to comment on foreign policy?
because it's the legal strategy. Start a popular war, win easily, become a hero.
The trouble is that Trump will have to one up W with the "Mission Accomplished" speech on the aircraft carrier. It could take months for White House staff to figure out how to top it... which gives us time before they can launch regime change.

That's the job he wanted all along.

Considering the high turnover rate of this administration, do you really think titles matter at this point? Besides, government should be run like a business, so switching department heads around shouldn't have that much of an impact. [/trumptard]

Win easily...in Iran??? That's a triumph of hope over experience.

Yeah, I wonder if these idiots have even seen Iran. I have - it's not the sort of terrain you want to fight a war in. I know geography isn't a strong suit for most Americans, so perhaps they are confusing Iran with Iraq? The plains of Mesopotamia are nice and easy for tank manoeuvres under an air supremacy umbrella. The Zagros mountain passes are a whole other thing entirely - a handful of well armed men could hold off battalions of tanks for months in those passes. Iran is a natural fortress, and even those fractions of her population who oppose the current regime won't be welcoming to the American military.

The Americans can't 'easily' win a war in Iraq, unless they plan to use significant numbers of thermonuclear weapons, make a desert, and call it 'victory'. Without such a genocidal strategy, I doubt they could win at all, much less 'easily'.

I've never been to Iran. However I read  The Diplomat (novel) by your countryman Aldridge in the fifties and I knew about the  1953 Iranian coup d'etat carried out by Britain with a hand up by the US as it was taking place. Had to be doing something after the Korean Police Action.

Seems there were plenty of people who wanted something other than what existed there in the fifties which made a coup fairly easy. Conditions today are similar yano. It seems that fairly well educated people actually do prefer something other than a theocracy. So easy war probably means we can buy off enough to change things away from the current muslim fervor-Iraq hate based regimen there now. Did it before.

I've never been to Iran. However I read  The Diplomat (novel) by your countryman Aldridge in the fifties and I knew about the  1953 Iranian coup d'etat carried out by Britain with a hand up by the US as it was taking place. Had to be doing something after the Korean Police Action.

Seems there were plenty of people who wanted something other than what existed there in the fifties which made a coup fairly easy. Conditions today are similar yano. It seems that fairly well educated people actually do prefer something other than a theocracy. So easy war probably means we can buy off enough to change things away from the current muslim fervor-Iraq hate based regimen there now. Did it before.

A coup is only possible if the USA are very clearly not supporting it in any way. Any hint that a new regime would be US puppets, and local support will evaporate.

And this wasn't about a coup. This was about an invasion. Which is geographically incredibly difficult. the whole country is surrounded by seriously difficult mountains.

The Iranians themselves might change their regime; Giuliani (and anyone else associated in any way with the US government) can only help that to happen by keeping well the fuck away.

A coup is only possible if the USA are very clearly not supporting it in any way. Any hint that a new regime would be US puppets, and local support will evaporate.

And this wasn't about a coup. This was about an invasion. Which is geographically incredibly difficult. the whole country is surrounded by seriously difficult mountains.

The Iranians themselves might change their regime; Giuliani (and anyone else associated in any way with the US government) can only help that to happen by keeping well the fuck away.

I don't see the current US administration accepting positive change anywhere around the globe unless they can claim sole responsibility for it. An obvious thing to say, I know, but still worth saying.

The trouble is that Trump will have to one up W with the "Mission Accomplished" speech on the aircraft carrier. It could take months for White House staff to figure out how to top it... which gives us time before they can launch regime change.
One-up?
This regime would not hesitate to just copy it, sure the voters would eat it up.

The hardest part would be finding a flight suit to stuff that fat fuck into.

One-up?
This regime would not hesitate to just copy it, sure the voters would eat it up.

The hardest part would be finding a flight suit to stuff that fat fuck into.
Flight suit? They'll need to land a C-130 on the aircraft carrier just so he has room to sit somewhere on the plane.

If there is a regime change in Iran, may I suggest they change it to Trump and Giuliani? Trump could be the Supreme Leader and Giuliani can be the president.

Back
Top Bottom