• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Good

In a case of a black man intentionally killed by the police you will find some who never side with the black man.

Even when their great crime is selling cigarettes.

To them black men are not humans deserving the same rights as white humans.

In the US this kind of ignorance is not a rare or new phenomena.

You're really out of it. Nobody is even claiming it's intentional.

From the looks of things, Garner was simply tired of being incessantly harassed by police without due cause - which I must note he openly states in the video. It's pretty natural that, if you go around annoying people day in and day out, you'll eventually find that the people you harass are completely pissed off at you, so it's perfectly understandable that Garner was angry with the police here. choking him to the ground was, again, entirely out of line, particularly for an nonviolent suspect who they have little or no reason to so much as touch in the first place.

Without due cause? What he was doing was illegal.

From the looks of things, Garner was simply tired of being incessantly harassed by police without due cause - which I must note he openly states in the video. It's pretty natural that, if you go around annoying people day in and day out, you'll eventually find that the people you harass are completely pissed off at you, so it's perfectly understandable that Garner was angry with the police here. choking him to the ground was, again, entirely out of line, particularly for an nonviolent suspect who they have little or no reason to so much as touch in the first place.

Without due cause? What he was doing was illegal.

As I said in the post THAT YOU QUOTED, He was not even accused of doing anything criminal. He was accused, by the cop who did not witness anything, of a finable offense, but nothing arrestable. So, yes, the harassment that the police were giving him that day, and likely many days in the past, was without due cause.

And as far as I can tell, nobody came forward to state that they even witnessed him selling a loose cigarette - while at least one person on the scene stated that he had broken up a fight. Said witness was later, himself, jailed by NYPD, though.

Back
Top Bottom