• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Gov. DeSantis Announces Spending $270 million on problem that doesn't exist

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Good ole alt-right these days. Climate change is a lie after all, so why is Governor DeSantis announcing plans to spend $270 million over three years to deal with it?

article said:
Florida’s Republican governor, Ron DeSantis, unveiled a plan Tuesday for the state to begin addressing the effects of rising global temperatures.

Titled “Always Ready Florida,” the three-year plan would spend $270 million on more than 76 projects statewide to help deal with problems like coastal flooding, which numerous studies have shown has been made worse by rising global temperatures.

“What I’ve found is when people start talking about things like global warming, they typically use that as a pretext to do a bunch of left-wing things that they would want to do anyways. And so we’re not doing any left-wing stuff,” DeSantis said at a Tuesday news conference.
Oh... not the 'left-wing stuff'. Whatever the heck that means.

What Elixer said. Tis no way he is doing it for the environment or the people of the state. That's not how he rolls.

Conservatives have a innate sense of what is left-wing. Like masks, "Hate Has No Home Here" signs, vegetables.
Anyone remember the 70s, when Conservative Christains were wearing face masks to prevent them or their children from cathing the evil AIDS going around? Back when breathing Gay Airs was leftist?

What Elixer said. Tis no way he is doing it for the environment or the people of the state. That's not how he rolls.
Maybe for the land-owning people of the state. Gotta preserve those beachfront property values.
Nope, unless it is a developer or owner he will gain from, he doesn't even care about that. If he cared about beach front property values, he would be doing anything in his power to STOP red tide (among other things) and he has not done that.

If he cared about beach front property values, he would be doing anything in his power to STOP red tide (among other things) and he has not done that.

Having spent thousands of hours of my formative years poling, paddling and motoring around Florida's intercoastal waterways in the 1950s, I learned to hate red tide.
Then, a few decades ago I gained a fondness for it on a visit ... Bushdaddy owned a huge interest in a company called Omega that had been wiping out the menhaden population (which has never recovered), mainly for cat food. Menhaden are filter feeders, and used to be so thick in the intercoastals that casting a treble hook almost anywhere would hook one.
By the time of said visit, it was hard to find a single one. Bushdaddy also owned a mansion on the intercoastal, right where I was boating (wanting to fish) that day, and the entire area stunk like a sewer. It was chokingly strong and drove me and my friends right out the inlet and onto the Gulf of Mexico. I spent the day hoping Bushdaddy was holed up in that multimillion dollar estate, choking on the fumes of his own creation.

Since it's a non-issue this is $270M worth of corruption.

Since it's a non-issue this is $270M worth of corruption.
Naw. There are very viable issues that impact the populated areas of the Florida coast where property is worth a good deal of money.
But he thinks it's a nothing. Thus this is a way to direct money to corruption while appearing to do good.

Good ole alt-right these days. Climate change is a lie after all, so why is Governor DeSantis announcing plans to spend $270 million over three years to deal with it?
Um, because DeSantis isn't a climate change denialist? What, do you simply define everybody who disagrees with you about anything as "alt-right"? Your thread title seems to be an accusation of inconsistency, as though when two of your opponents disagree with each other that means "they" contradicted "themselves".

article said:
“What I’ve found is when people start talking about things like global warming, they typically use that as a pretext to do a bunch of left-wing things that they would want to do anyways. And so we’re not doing any left-wing stuff,” DeSantis said at a Tuesday news conference.
Oh... not the 'left-wing stuff'. Whatever the heck that means.
Seriously?!? :consternation2:

For your edification: Green New Deal

"Green New Deal (GND) proposals call for public policy to address climate change along with achieving other social aims like job creation and reducing economic inequality. ...
Besides increasing state-sponsored jobs, this Green New Deal is also sought to address poverty by aiming much of the improvements in "frontline and vulnerable communities" which include the poor and disadvantaged people. The resolution included calls for universal health care, increased minimum wages, and preventing monopolies. ...
the resolution called for a "10-year national mobilization" whose primary goals would be:[88]

"Guaranteeing a job with a family-sustaining wage, adequate family and medical leave, paid vacations, and retirement security to all people of the United States."
"Providing all people of the United States with – (i) high-quality health care; (ii) affordable, safe, and adequate housing; (iii) economic security; and (iv) access to clean water, clean air, healthy and affordable food, and nature."
"Providing resources, training, and high-quality education, including higher education, to all people of the United States."
"Meeting 100 percent of the power demand in the United States through clean, renewable, and zero-emission energy sources."​

Hey, check it out -- the GND folks actually eventually got around to including something to address global warming. :)

Back
Top Bottom