• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Great news! South Carolina BMW factories to move to China!

That is sad. I lived in that area during the late 70s to early 80s. I think they started manufacturing there before I moved to NC. I've past by that plant many times while on the way to visit my family in the northeast. Despite it being a red state, I've always loved that area of SC and now Trump has really fucked up a lot of the people who live there. And, I'm quite sure that not all of the people there voted for Trump. Trump really doesn't care who he fucks up!

I hope the more rational Trump supporters, and yes there are some, wake up and realize their mistakes. I don't have hatred for his supporters. They were just gullible and believed the salesman that sold them garbage. It's his Congressional enablers that really make me sick.

I hope the more rational Trump supporters, and yes there are some, wake up and realize their mistakes. I don't have hatred for his supporters. They were just gullible and believed the salesman that sold them garbage. It's his Congressional enablers that really make me sick.

A few do wake up. But so many are still in the propaganda bubble. Then there are those that are awake enough to see the racism, and that is what they like. Those I have no sympathy for.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...Carolina-BMW-To-Shift-SUV-Production-Overseas

This is a great victory for Trump that will result in more American jobs than ever! MAGA! [/conservativesandlibertarianswhohappentobothusethesameargumentstodefendtrumpbutitsonlyacoincidence]
That’s why BMW is moving production of many of their SUVs out of South Carolina to China. (X3, X4, X5 and X6 SUV models and their variants are currently produced in SC -- but not for much longer)
It looks like the 10k BMW employees in Spartanburg, South Carolina will be out of luck in all this global winning.

Apparently not true -
BMW: China deal not altering Spartanburg plans
(Updated Jul 10, 2018 at 6:44 PM)
Sparks said tariffs could cause cars shipped to China to cost more, but it remains to be seen whether demand will fall significantly enough for the company to change its production plans in Spartanburg.

In the meantime, Sparks said BMW has not altered its planned $600 million expansion, the startup of the new X7 model later this year and the addition of 1,000 new jobs by 2021. The investment is designed to lay the foundation for future generations of the BMW X models, and it will bring the total number of jobs at the Spartanburg County plant to about 11,000.

He said multiple media outlets asked him Tuesday whether Spartanburg is shifting any of its production to China.

“It is not true in any way, shape or form that BMW is moving production from Spartanburg to China,” Sparks said. “BMW is soundly and firmly committed to South Carolina, and that hasn’t changed.”
Although -
In a recent letter to U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, BMW said tariffs would raise its cost of doing business in the United States and could risk cutting production and jobs at its Spartanburg plant. The company said the tariffs could hike manufacturing costs and jeopardize 45,000 jobs in the Upstate — 10,000 at the Spartanburg plant and 35,000 at BMW suppliers — that are dependent on the company’s local operations.

A few do wake up. But so many are still in the propaganda bubble. Then there are those that are awake enough to see the racism, and that is what they like. Those I have no sympathy for.

No problem!

When those factory workers start getting laid off, they can just blame Obama or Hillary!

- - - Updated - - -

Buwahahahaha!

The best thing about the Trump administration has been watching Trump voters pay the price for their own votes. It would be better if they actually understood that they caused their own misfortune, but I know it, so it's still funny.

Back
Top Bottom