• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Grimes v McConnell Debate Gets Ugly

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
FRANKFORT, KY -- A critical debate between US Senate candidates Mitch McConnell and Alison Grimes became ugly last when the candidates ratcheted up the rhetoric to nearly hyperbolic levels. It started simply when McConnell criticized Grimes for vocally supporting "Obamacare". Grimes responded that the ACA was receiving its highest levels of approval in opinion polls and was proving to be more popular and not resulting in the system wide failures as predicted by the Republican.

"It hasn't been shown to be a failure, unlike my opponent here," noted Grimes.

McConnell shot back that Grimes would be a rubber stamp to Obama. Grimes followed suit and said that McConnell "didn't vote no hard enough" against TARP.

The moderator, who had lost control about four minutes ago just looked back and forth. Once McConnell accused of Grimes of getting an abortion procedure as they spoke, the mics were turned off, and a furious Grimes pushed aside her podium and darted toward Sen. McConnell who turned and fled.

The next debate is scheduled for Saturday Night at the University of Kentucky.

FRANKFORT, KY -- and a furious Grimes pushed aside her podium and darted toward Sen. McConnell who turned and fled.

The next debate is scheduled for Saturday Night at the University of Kentucky.

:eek: ~clearing my schedule~

A real knock down drag out debate about nothing important when the big nasty issues of our times glide along smoothly, completely out of sight! Democrats with their half hearted programs versus Republicans with their utter lack of any humanity at all. I frankly do not see anything but more trouble regardless of which side wins.

A real knock down drag out debate about nothing important when the big nasty issues of our times glide along smoothly, completely out of sight! Democrats with their half hearted programs versus Republicans with their utter lack of any humanity at all. I frankly do not see anything but more trouble regardless of which side wins.
If the Democrats could actually assert majority powers, I'd see some good stuff happening along with the corporate dominionship... but at least there would be something good. Republicans win and all they do is roll back regulations and cut taxes (well, we can't cut them any more without ending SS or Medicare).

The nation faces grave and serious issues.

But what we get are clowns playing games.

This nation deserves many bad things to fall upon it.

When do the adults take control?

I didn't think I would find myself disagreeing with you on this one, but I must. If the "nation" is the people of the nation, they actually are merely victims of this political bullshit. McConnell is undoubtedly one of the meanest and narrow minded SOB's ever to breathe. His agenda is so vicious and anti-human it defies description. His opponent is only a lukewarm advocate of human rights. Despite this fact, I would be voting for Grimes if I lived in that state...if only to get McConnell out of office. We must not lose track of the fact that the Democratic party has kowtowed to so many Republican pseudo "values" it is nearly the same thing. It is slightly better than the Republicans, but still essentially sharing of the corporate value system when it comes to the environment. There actually are a few renegade Demos who are adult, but they are nowhere near the center or top of the Democratic party hierarchy.

I feel the American people are being victimized by two political machines and they truly do not deserve what is happening to them.

National Democrats are giving up on Alison Lundergan Grimes in Kentucky

http://www.vox.com/2014/10/14/6977287/democrats-abandon-alison-lundergan-grimes-kentucky
Even if polls were even, I couldn't see McConnell winning by less than 4 percent. The fact it was "close-ish" just muddles American politics and makes people that are paying attention wonder, "What the fuck is America thinking?"

Americans support ACA, yet may vote out Democrats because of it. :pigsfly:

They voted Democrats out because of ACA in 2010.

2014 is mostly about voting Democrats-who-won-red-states in-2008-and-pretend-to-be-Republicans-but-vote-like-Democrats out.

Even if polls were even, I couldn't see McConnell winning by less than 4 percent. The fact it was "close-ish" just muddles American politics and makes people that are paying attention wonder, "What the fuck is America thinking?"

Americans support ACA, yet may vote out Democrats because of it. :pigsfly:

And the general public polling is showing that the Democrats are rated well because of ACA.

2014 is mostly about voting Democrats-who-won-red-states in-2008-and-pretend-to-be-Republicans-but-vote-like-Democrats out.
Yes and no. Alaska yes. Arkansas maybe. North Carolina no, Hagan seems to be holding on with the changing demographics. Louisiana re-elected Landrieu in '08.

Republican Governors aren't exactly having it too easy either in several states. It is almost becoming impossible to understand the electorate.

And the general public polling is showing that the Democrats are rated well because of ACA.

Yes and no. Alaska yes. Arkansas maybe. North Carolina no, Hagan seems to be holding on with the changing demographics. Louisiana re-elected Landrieu in '08.

Republican Governors aren't exactly having it too easy either in several states. It is almost becoming impossible to understand the electorate.
Why would you think that the electorate should be understandable?

Here's an example of the base of knowledge the electorate has:

These are the people making the decision about who will run the US government and deal with world affairs.

I didn't think I would find myself disagreeing with you on this one, but I must. If the "nation" is the people of the nation, they actually are merely victims of this political bullshit. McConnell is undoubtedly one of the meanest and narrow minded SOB's ever to breathe. His agenda is so vicious and anti-human it defies description. His opponent is only a lukewarm advocate of human rights. Despite this fact, I would be voting for Grimes if I lived in that state...if only to get McConnell out of office. We must not lose track of the fact that the Democratic party has kowtowed to so many Republican pseudo "values" it is nearly the same thing. It is slightly better than the Republicans, but still essentially sharing of the corporate value system when it comes to the environment. There actually are a few renegade Demos who are adult, but they are nowhere near the center or top of the Democratic party hierarchy.

I feel the American people are being victimized by two political machines and they truly do not deserve what is happening to them.

I don't know. As Jimmy pointed out, it is the American public that voted against the Dems because of the ACA, yet are happy with it, and many will vote against the Dems again based partly on ACA rhetoric, ignoring their own experiences. Sure, the Repubs lie and used fear-based manipulation and zero facts or reasoned arguments. But you have to be so thick and stupid not to immediately know that is what they were doing and always do, that I think much of it is a kind of willful ignorance and intellectual laziness by people who let themselves get led around by their emotions because its easier and saves more time for tweeting and watching American Idol.

Its a lot like religion. Sure, institutionally religions set out to prey on unreason and fear, but its so blatantly absurd that only willful ignorance and self delusion can allow theism and the rest of religious nonsense to persist.

If people behave like sheep they deserve what happens to them.

We are putting complete morons like McConnell in charge of our future.

We deserve to go where this moron takes us.

Back
Top Bottom