• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Gun Rights Outweigh Gun Control - Pew Survey

I recall a camp out I went on 30+ years ago that spells out why we should not all be packing firearms. We were in the wilderness of Nevada. It was night time and three of us were camping. We each had new pistols...and a lot of beer. As the evening wore on, into night, we started telling each other horror stories...getting more than a bit tipsy. The stories started to move into the danger area when they became about people sneaking up on campers in the night. One of us got overly excited and started shooting into the underbrush around the campsite when he heard a noise. It made me think twice about camping in that area again. If there was another person like him nearby, I might just get my ass shot. We calmed him down and I went with a flashlight to make sure he hadn't done something terrible. People panic. When they panic with a gun, somebody can get hurt. He was shooting at a NOISE. There has to be some control of who gets these guns. Not everybody should have one. He had a 357 magnum.
There have been other posts along these lines, that we're likely to live longer if we're not around guns. People who wish to own and carry firearms could care less if a million people are being killed everyday by guns. Human death by gunfire is not the issue for this person. The issue is how safe they personally feel with their gun. You can quote statistics and relate episodes until the cows come home but it won't make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom