• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Has "Fake News" Doomed Us?

...We are fucked. We are just shy of "the sky is pink" delusion of the right-wing voter.

Disagreed, but thanks for reacting just like a RWNJ with fear-mongering. Kudos! :D

The hate has been ramped up since the mid-90s beginning with Gingrich, but the Democrats quickly followed suit down the rabbit hole of increasing partisanship and fear-mongering about the opposition. Remember their support for the Rapist-in-Chief and their angst and fear-mongering of Bush the Lesser? It's no different now....and a major reason why more and more Americans are leaving the major parties to become Independents: because the major parties don't represent the major interests.

- - - Updated - - -

What's completely stupid is the fact that Trump isn't a Christian. Anyone who believes he is a Christian is doing the equivalent of sucking his dick and swallowing.

...We are fucked. We are just shy of "the sky is pink" delusion of the right-wing voter.

Disagreed, but thanks for reacting just like a RWNJ with fear-mongering. Kudos! :D

The hate has been ramped up since the mid-90s beginning with Gingrich, but the Democrats quickly followed suit down the rabbit hole of increasing partisanship and fear-mongering about the opposition. Remember their support for the Rapist-in-Chief and their angst and fear-mongering of Bush the Lesser? It's no different now....and a major reason why more and more Americans are leaving the major parties to become Independents: because the major parties don't represent the major interests.

- - - Updated - - -

What's completely stupid is the fact that Trump isn't a Christian. Anyone who believes he is a Christian is doing the equivalent of sucking his dick and swallowing.
Bullshit. The Moore-Coulter false equivalency continues to expose the growing absurdity. Burned out Sanders supporter shoots up Republican baseball, liberals be like, OMFG this is awful. Loner right winger mails lots of bombs, the right wingers be like, ‘false flag’.

I don't think the sentiment of the (misattributed) quote is that it will come in the form of true and pious patriots. None of the evangelicals who voted for him would expect him to be able to quote chapter and verse of the scripture let alone know how the Bible begins. You're missing the point of him standing standing around with his second favorite book of all time if you actually think it's to try to convince anyone that he's a devout believer.

I don't think the sentiment of the (misattributed) quote is that it will come in the form of true and pious patriots. None of the evangelicals who voted for him would expect him to be able to quote chapter and verse of the scripture let alone know how the Bible begins. You're missing the point of him standing standing around with his second favorite book of all time if you actually think it's to try to convince anyone that he's a devout believer.

While I fully agree that religious forces have ruined the RNC, as Barry Goldwater warned us in 1981, I strongly doubt fascism will come under Donald the Fool since he's an even bigger dumbass than Mussolini.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit. The Moore-Coulter false equivalency continues to expose the growing absurdity. Burned out Sanders supporter shoots up Republican baseball, liberals be like, OMFG this is awful. Loner right winger mails lots of bombs, the right wingers be like, ‘false flag’.

What does any of that mean my declaration that Trump isn't a Christian is bullshit?

.. and if horses were cows, I'd be eating steak right now.

You're eating horsemeat? Well, enjoy. In another 2 weeks you might be dining on crow.
I'm taking my cutting horse out to cut cows this weekend ... anything you might need? :D

Naw, I'm perfectly happy with a simple quarter horse.

So, I'll eat crow right here in front of ya'll if it ever comes to that, I promise. Just to be clear, my prediction is that the Dems will narrowly miss turning the House, and won't even come close to turning Senate. I ain;t saying that it will happen that way fairly, necessarily... or on some made-up technicality or whatnot... but that will be the outcome.

And more predictions for ya'll... The reason you will fail to take control of the government is failure to meet the Reps on the battleground that they have selected. And also, Trump in 2020... like it or not the Dems seem incapable of learning from failure... in 2016, and predictably in 2018.

So, what should be done about it? I mean, that would actually work. You seem to accept the reality of what is working and what is not working. So, what is your opinion on how the Dems can work with these new rules? Is it impossible for them to play the same game that the Reps have created? I am pretty darn sure it is impossible for them to save themselves, especially listening to this group (this site)... it's like watching people scream at the clouds because the weather report said something else.

Democracy doesn't work when half the voting population is making decisions based on lies and when that same half of the voting population angrily rejects any attempt at giving them good information.

The damage done by decades of right wing propaganda outlets on cable TV and AM radio may have simply done too much damage for representative government to be saved. For a nation to survive, the people with ultimate authority need to make decisions based on the best information possible so that their decisions can be of better quality. In a representative government, the ultimate authority is the entire citizenry, and half of the citizenry has been carefully brainwashed to reject actual, valid facts whenever it is presented to them, thus their voting decisions are based on pure bullshit.

There's no coming back from this. The only way to stop this downward plunge is to get millions of conservatives and libertarians to admit that they are wrong about a lot of things, and we all know that is impossible.

I agree.
The problem with you Dems is that this means "surrender" to you. It boggles watching this train of thought...

Back
Top Bottom