• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How QAnon has taken over football reporting in England

SimpleDon

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Social Justice
"QAnon" is becoming a word for fantasy thinking around the world. (Somewhat like many use the word "libertarian" in this country.)

I offer an example of one of my Arsenal Football Club blogs, soccer to Americans, How QAnon has taken over football reporting in England.

QAnon and football? Surely not!

Certainly, bloggers and journalists would hope you don’t see a connection, and yet…

QAnon uses multiple sites to tell us how to see the political world – in their case, to see it as a world run by conspirators. It suggests that by following its view, we can understand the world far better.

But at the same time, it endlessly makes predictions that don’t come true, but then comes up with more predictions and more and more, which don’t come true, but which are explained away by ideas which themselves defy reality and can’t be proven.
Bolding by me.

So not only has the right given us another failed insurrection, racial discord one hundred and fifty years passed any reasonable due date, forty years of increasingly incompetent conservative governance culminating in the killing of over 400,000 people who didn't have to die, two economic collapses in this century rivaled for the carnage to the population only by the one they gave us in the previous century, unrivaled income inequality, the reputation of science, and the most corrupt president since Grant, they have also given us a new word for being totally divorced from reality.

To me, it is not worth it.

Am I overly harsh?

Back
Top Bottom