• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How should west respond to potential (likely) Russian invasion of Ukraine?

There was a lot of swearing in that video. A lot. That's mostly the content of what was on the sound track when they were able to say anything. That footage was much more graphic and scary than war scenes in the movies.

Last edited:
Yes, that Ukrainian artillery is useless.
I thought that was a missile strike, not an artillery strike.

It's hard to say, but those young soldiers were in the middle of multiple explosions that were coming closer to them. They were panicked and scrambling to find a safe haven. They took shelter while the sounds of explosions suddenly became visual explosions on the (body-cams?) and they ultimately ripped up the floor boards and took cover below the floor of the structure. I have no idea how that footage would have made it into Ukrainian hands. Maybe they were subsequently captured? In any case, they were not experiencing a rocket attack. It was a sustained artillery barrage.

Probably some not safe for work Russian words being spoken.

From what I can gather, It was a soviet Tochka-U cruise missile. That was beyond regular artillery range. Surprising that it wasn't intercepted by SAMs.

I thought that was a missile strike, not an artillery strike.

It's hard to say, but those young soldiers were in the middle of multiple explosions that were coming closer to them. They were panicked and scrambling to find a safe haven. They took shelter while the sounds of explosions suddenly became visual explosions on the (body-cams?) and they ultimately ripped up the floor boards and took cover below the floor of the structure. I have no idea how that footage would have made it into Ukrainian hands. Maybe they were subsequently captured? In any case, they were not experiencing a rocket attack. It was a sustained artillery barrage.
A rocket attack on an ammunition storage is probably going to sound a lot like an artillery barrage because of secondary explosions?

A rocket attack on an ammunition storage is probably going to sound a lot like an artillery barrage because of secondary explosions?

Did you watch the 10 minute video? Those weren't secondary explosions. If it was a rocket attack, then a lot of rockets were being used.

Did you watch the 10 minute video? Those weren't secondary explosions. If it was a rocket attack, then a lot of rockets were being used.
I watched it now. Probably more than one rocket though. But Tochkas are cruise missiles. Surely Ukraine can't even afford to shoot more than a handful at a time?

I'm no expert, but I would imagine that if an ammunition depot where you keep all your artillery shells were to be hit, catch fire, and explode, it would be very much like being in an artillery barrage.

American made rockets are ready to go in Ukraine:

Some good news after a tough week in Ukraine. I love these missiles. They are fast-firing and highly mobile with a range that’s farther than that of most Russian artillery. But the super cool thing is that they are considered to be “counterbattery” system. That is, artillery specializing in destroying other artillery. According to the article, they are "exactly what the Ukrainian army needs, in abundance, to fight back against Russian guns and slow the Russian army’s advance across Donbas." The perfect defensive weapon.

Some good news after a tough week in Ukraine. I love these missiles. They are fast-firing and highly mobile with a range that’s farther than that of most Russian artillery. But the super cool thing is that they are considered to be “counterbattery” system. That is, artillery specializing in destroying other artillery. According to the article, they are "exactly what the Ukrainian army needs, in abundance, to fight back against Russian guns and slow the Russian army’s advance across Donbas." The perfect defensive weapon.
That's too bad they are using it against downtown Donetsk.
And no, they are not better than russian artillery and their lifespan is not long.

And no, they are not better than russian artillery and their lifespan is not long.
Neither are Russian conscripts. Let's see the length of your arguments take fold on chat roulette.

The individual artillery pieces probably are better than Russian ones, but Russia has something like 20-to-1 advantage in quantity. Four HIMARS systems are not going to make a difference, but they are a move in the right direction.

I haven't been able to find any definite proof of places that would have been hit. The advantage of GPS guided missiles is you can accurately hit your target from very far away without needing UAVs to correct the fire, but the disadvantage is that there's no sweet, sweet drone footage of stuff blowing up.

As for Donetsk, civilian casualties are always unfortunate, but that's what you get when you put your ammo depots in populated areas. Like on the June 13th strike. In the meantime, Russia has been killing civilians in every major city in Ukraine and for some reason, you never complain about those strikes.

There's footage also from another angle, and unfortunately, it shows that the missile didn't hit exactly the point where it was fired from.

Ukraine is losing, so we have to settle for small joys. Like this video of Putin buddy, patriach Kirlll slipping during service:

Fuck that antisemitic, anti-Ukrainian KGB shill. :)

Your fanatic belief that Russian wrongdoings are Ukrainian doesn't make it so.

There's footage also from another angle, and unfortunately, it shows that the missile didn't hit exactly the point where it was fired from.

I suspect the missile went for the illumination radar.

The guy with good analysis of total collapse of ukrainian "defense" around Severodonetsk.

Also talks about lithuanian debacle I mentioned before. These small "countries" with populations of average city or Chinese village clearly don't have brain power to predict consequences of their idiotic actions.

Prepare for Lithuanian Oblast of Russia.

The guy with good analysis of total collapse of ukrainian "defense" around Severodonetsk.

Parroting Russian propaganda is hardly an "analysis". Yes, Ukraine withdrew from the Zolote pocket because otherwise they would have been surrounded. But it looks like that the withdrawal was executed as well as it could've been. I don't seen any evidence for the alleged 1800 soldiers captured. The Russians captured a small group that was covering the exit for the others, that's all. They're now being paraded on Russian propaganda, but it's clearly not thousands of soldiers.

Apparently this guy is a former lawyer who got disbarred for lying to his clients and forging a letter from a judge, and has now put his lying skills to use by working for RT, Sputnik and other Russian propaganda outlets.

Also talks about lithuanian debacle I mentioned before. These small "countries" with populations of average city or Chinese village clearly don't have brain power to predict consequences of their idiotic actions.

Prepare for Lithuanian Oblast of Russia.
Russia may be able to inch its way in Ukraine by slow artillery grind. But drawing NATO into the war would scuttle that hope for good. Even the dimwitted generals and politicians in Kremlin know this, so they are not going to do anything about Lithuania.

Back
Top Bottom