• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How The US Should Have Spent The Afganistan War Budget

Not in this thread, however, you are an admitted 9/11 Truther... (not quite 'The Jews Demo'd the towers' bad) so you can't complain about that.

The more important question is simply, would you have actually supported a candidate for President that said they'd end homelessness. No you wouldn't. Would you have supported a candidate that would build out the National High Speed RR? Probably not.

It is nice to say we could have had those things, but the reality is, people like you haven't supported candidates like that. Heck, it looked like No Out of Pocket Public college was going to be rolling with the election of Hillary Clinton... and you voted (I think) for Mango Unchained.
I supported Sanders and voted for him as far as he lasted in the 2016 election. I very likely would have voted for him in 2020 if he wouldn't have been taken out by Biden. I can not say that Sanders was for building the national High Speed Rail but I do know he was against the Iraq war and a host of other occupations. Sanders was(is) not perfect either. But he would have been the best choice (in mind) for our country. And he would have beat Trump if not for the corruption of the Democratic party. Sanders was a populist just like Trump.

In any case, for better or worse, at least I did vote in both elections for what I felt was the best lemon of the lemons.. And that's more for the country then the people Jarhyn would have who just sat home doing nothing and saying nothing.

Sorry Rvonse, but the above is crap. Sanders lost to Biden. He got fewer votes. Period. Your side continuously tries to claim that our elections don't work and are corrupt because you don't like the outcome. Our democracy is over if one side isn't willing to concede to the other when they lose. That's why Trumpsters are such a great threat to our country and must not be elected in 2024.

Finally, just saying that someone is a "populist" doesn't mean anything. Trump was a populist who said that he'd get the US out of Afghanistan. He failed. Instead he just made excuses and blamed others. Biden actually did it. And when it because politically unpopular, he stuck by his guns, took responsibility, didn't blame anyone, and then did it.

Not in this thread, however, you are an admitted 9/11 Truther... (not quite 'The Jews Demo'd the towers' bad) so you can't complain about that.

The more important question is simply, would you have actually supported a candidate for President that said they'd end homelessness. No you wouldn't. Would you have supported a candidate that would build out the National High Speed RR? Probably not.

It is nice to say we could have had those things, but the reality is, people like you haven't supported candidates like that. Heck, it looked like No Out of Pocket Public college was going to be rolling with the election of Hillary Clinton... and you voted (I think) for Mango Unchained.
I supported Sanders and voted for him as far as he lasted in the 2016 election. I very likely would have voted for him in 2020 if he wouldn't have been taken out by Biden.

I can not say that Sanders was for building the national High Speed Rail but I do know he was against the Iraq war and a host of other occupations. Sanders was(is) not perfect either. But he would have been the best choice (in mind) for our country. And he would have beat Trump if not for the corruption of the Democratic party. Sanders was a populist just like Trump.
No no no no no. They are both Populists, yes, but one is a right-wing nationalist populist and the other is a left-wing populist, which bear little similarities, other than commonality in a label. Sanders wanted no out of pocket college for Americans, Trump wanted to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it. Sanders wanted to spend a lot of money to invest in America, Trump wanted to take America back to Glory Days that never existed.

In any case, for better or worse, at least I did vote in both elections for what I felt was the best lemon of the lemons.
Yeah, between Trump and nearly anyone else, it isn't lemons, it is a pile of crap verses a lemon. A vote for Clinton would have started a push towards no out of pocket Public College. A vote for Trump put America back untold years.

I supported Sanders and voted for him as far as he lasted in the 2016 election. I very likely would have voted for him in 2020 if he wouldn't have been taken out by Biden. I can not say that Sanders was for building the national High Speed Rail but I do know he was against the Iraq war and a host of other occupations. Sanders was(is) not perfect either. But he would have been the best choice (in mind) for our country. And he would have beat Trump if not for the corruption of the Democratic party. Sanders was a populist just like Trump.

In any case, for better or worse, at least I did vote in both elections for what I felt was the best lemon of the lemons.. And that's more for the country then the people Jarhyn would have who just sat home doing nothing and saying nothing.

Says the one sitting home doing nothing and saying nothing about a whole crime family of corruption while claiming corruption is The Most Important Thing.. Color me unconvinced.

Back
Top Bottom