• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How to end a contract quickly

Artemus

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist and general cynic
I've read lots of horror stories about canceling Dish Network (and similar stories about Comcast Cable. I seem to have found a way to avoid the problem:

Rep: Hello, with whom I speaking?

Me: FIrst, I would like to inform you that I am recording this call and reserve the right to release copies of the recording or transcripts of the conversation to third parties at my discretion. My name is <Artemus>.

Rep: Thank you for providing that information. How can I help you today?

Me: Please discontinue my service. I am aware that there is a termination fee that will be prorated over the remaining 2 2/3 months of the contract. I decline all offers for continuation of service. I do not grant Dish Network permission to make sales calls to this phone number after termination of service.

Rep: Would you like to tell me why you are stopping service?

Me: No. Please discontinue my service. I am aware that there is a termination fee that will be prorated over the remaining 2 2/3 months of the contract. I decline all offers for continuation of service. I do not grant Dish Network permission to make sales calls to this phone number after termination of service.

Rep: Service has been terminated. You will be responsible for .....

Feel free to use this. I'm saving the recording for filing a complaint in case I get sales calls anyway.

Back
Top Bottom