• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How to stop masks fogging up your glasses

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
Basic Beliefs
Probably in a simulation
After putting my mask on my glasses would fog up badly after several seconds. The local glasses store didn't have any solutions so I would work without my glasses on.

Yesterday I heard of a technique that is effective - to push your glasses down your nose. Doing this caused my fogged up glasses to become quite clear within about 30 seconds.

For me sometimes I don't even need the glasses to be on the end of my nose - just further down rather than being pushed back.

Perhaps the reason it works has to do with the angle of the lenses and the rising warm air.... or the gap between the top of the glasses and your head...

I've heard of other advice such as using tape to seal the mask better or using soap or anti-fog spray but this technique is good if you don't have the opportunity to do those things.

Another solution is to use some sort of skin-safe tape across the top of the mask. I have seen band-aids suggested for the purpose.

Since I only use nonprescription reading glasses I always just pushed them down to partly cover the mask. I don't use them for anything more than three feet away so they are always down anyway, if I even have them on.

Back
Top Bottom